Plugin Contributions

red flag Server Load with High Traffic

Hi,

I run a large eCommerce site based on ZenCart with traffic of around 5k hits a day, during peak events this rises to 30k+ with 700+ concurrent users.

My problem is during peaks the server load rises from 3 to 60 which causes the site to be unresponsive.

My server config is php 5.3, 5gb quadcore. Short of upgrading the server which is my next step,is there any optimisation I can make with Zen Cart, and is it designed to handle this amount of traffic. I'm considering using Nginx and a caching system, but is there anything else I can do?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart Server Load with High Traffic

Have you an URL that we could perhaps peek at to see if anything jumps out at what could be sped up?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart Server Load with High Traffic

Hi Ajeh,

Thanks for the quick reply, link below :-

http://alturl.com/4twbf

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Server Load with High Traffic

Have you looked at these related Tutorial/FAQ articles on the topic?
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=21
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=287

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte i will check our server config compared to the second link you sent, would you recommend switching to InnonDB?

And is there anything else you can suggest - the site is quite fast but its under heavy loads that it strains.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I gave you 2 links for a reason. Ignoring either of them means you're leaving yourself set up for wasted server activity, which is probably compounding your problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.