Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default HELP QUICK MY GOEMERCHANT IS GIVING A HTTP 406 not acceptable

I am using FEC 1.11.00 and zen 1.5.1 the other payment options seem to be working ok but the go emerchant isn't no matter if i enter a card number or not this is the error i get

HTTP 406 NOT ACCEPTABLE

http://ad-discountperformance.com/

Please help the website is live
    We sell ATV, Dirtbike, Streetbike, Snowmobile, Watercraft & Custom stickers & Banners. Check us out www.AD-DiscountPerformance.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP QUICK MY GOEMERCHANT IS GIVING A HTTP 406 not acceptable

Scroll down and view similar threads
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dashizna View Post
    HTTP 406 NOT ACCEPTABLE
    This is almost always caused by something triggering the Apache mod_security rules.

This is never something that you can fix yourself, you'll need to work with your host to rectify the problem (actually it probably isn't the mod_security on *your* server, but more likely to be the mod_security on the go emerchant servers, so *they* will be the ones you'll need to liaise with).

http://ad-discountperformance.com/

Please help the website is live
    As much as I hate to say this, but it is *probably* your domain name itself that is triggering the error... Both "ad" and "discount" are probably listed as 'bad words'.

I had a very similar problem not that long ago with a store/domain called 'Discountbrassware.com.au' that was producing the same error when connecting to one of the ozpost.net servers... It took several rounds of email with our host before I was able to convince them that it was a 'server related issue' rather than a client issue. In fact I ended up creating a test script to show them that "Discountbrassware.com.au" caused the error whilst "Biscountbrassware.com.au" had no problem (with the exact same query). It was only then that they took the time to check things more carefully and discovered that it was indeed the 'discount' portion of the domain name in the referrer URL that was causing the issue and was then able to fix it.

Sorry about the rant, but I'd hate for anyone else to have to go down the same path that I needed to in order to identify the cause, and I fear that due to your domain name this is exactly the position you are now in. Hopefully if you pass my experience over to your host and/or the go emerchant host you won't need to go through the same hoops to prove the case that I needed too. Thier own log files should easily confirm/refute whether it is the same issue or not.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

The host said they don't have mod_securtiy
    We sell ATV, Dirtbike, Streetbike, Snowmobile, Watercraft & Custom stickers & Banners. Check us out www.AD-DiscountPerformance.com

Plugin Contributions

Somewhere I was reading a bit ago was saying that a 406 is browser-specific, and only some browsers rarely will get that. Have you tried a different browser? It'll probably still throw a blank, but still. And in any case, it's still not in our scope of support to determine exactly why zencart isn't working and you might need to contact a developer for help with it.

that is what they told me.

Plugin Contributions

I tried google chrome and this is what the link says

https://ad-discountperformance.com/i..._expires_year=

am i missing something?

Plugin Contributions

sorry wrong section

Plugin Contributions

The host said they don't have mod_securtiy
    Which host? Yours, or the server actually generating the 406 response (goemerchant) ?

Plugin Contributions

Somewhere I was reading a bit ago was saying that a 406 is browser-specific
    406 errors are *server* generated. (actually, all http/https errors are generated serverside).

How any given browser responds to any given error code is browser specific, but nonetherless and error is an error regardless of how any given browser responds.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

i don't know thats what they told me and said they can't help me its not on there end its something in zen or goemerchant and goemerchant said its not on there end so im hoping i can get some help to figure out this one cause im at a loss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast