Plugin Contributions

Default help with sitemaps

I installed sitemapXML to create my sitemaps and am getting 500 errors from Google.

I have five sitemaps in the Sitemap index.
    /sitemapcategories.xml and /sitemapproducts.xml appear to be ok. All categories and products were submitted without issue.

The other three are showing 1 warning each. They are:

/sitemapezpages.xml

There are seven url's in this sitemap.and it is the first which i showing the error so I don't know if the others were indexed and ok or not indexed at all.
    The url showing the error is URL: /index.php?main_page=page&id=3&chapter=10 which points to - This is "Another New Page" This is yet another new page or link that is part of Chapter 10.

What is chapter 10 ??? Can this page be safely removed, if so where do I remove it from?

/sitemapmainpage.xml
    URL: /index.php?main_page=index This is the home page?? so I have no idea what is going on here.

/sitemapmanufacturers.xml
    URL: /index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=10 This goes to a page which says 'There are no products to list in this category'
    This is the only url in this sitemap and as far as I can see, not needed.

What is the best way to approach this? Should I put some sort of exclude in .htaccess or is there another way?

Constructive help is always appreciated. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: help with sitemaps

You can clean up these issues in your admin panel.

Get rid of all EZPages you don't need... Just delete them.

You may have a manufacturer listed (admin >>> catalog >>> manufacturers) against which no products are assigned. If so, delete that manufacturer. HOWEVER... if you want to score points with Google, you should start putting manufacturers/brands into the system.

The index page is indeed the "home page".
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Schoolboy,
    EZPages, easy peezie.

Manufacturers - these products are made by the owner. I should make the owner the manufacturer? Ok, I can do that.

Yes, I knew the index was the home page. just not sure why it was getting an error. I suppose a possible explanation could be I have directed 404 to the index page using ErrorDocument 404 /index.php in .htaccess. Would that be it do you think?

Plugin Contributions

Apparently, getting rid of a couple of ezpages and adding a manufacturer to some items actually cleared the home page problem.

Just need to complete adding manufacturer to all items.

Thanks schoolboy.

Now, how do I close this thread?