Thread: Admin Pass

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Pass

Been looking thru here and skimmed thru my book but its late. I need to change the password for my store. For the admin cp. I think I was hacked and am about to do the upgrade tomorrow but per what i have read on the recent hacks I should change my pass. How bout sending me a link on this issue please.
    tks
    david52

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Pass

First, to change your Admin password, simply login to your admin, go into the admin settings screen, and change your password there. It's rather straightforward.

If for some reason your password is not actually working, a quick search in the FAQs section brings up this article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Pass

Tks See Dr.B this is what you get when you farm all day and then work half the nite on websites. You get Buggy eyed!. After 3 hrs of sleep, well It was easy per the link and I thank you again. I still got a error I want to discuss with you on a error code the server tells me that I have and that is why I can not use my ssl link on the site. I will probably send you a private message on that on and then I will post it on the forum with out the links or error. I hope you dont mind. I will await your response and send it tonight.
    david52