Thread: page disappears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default page disappears

i need help and i'll try the best i can to explain what is happening...

i made my site in zencart and it's fine. i loaded some products, still fine. but on two of the pages, when i load products to go into those categories, the pages disappear. i don't know if this will happen with all the pages as i stopped when i saw it happen to two. but the third page is fine. ???

here is an example of what the page looks like before i load any products into the category:
    http://cindisdiscounts.com/index.php...index&cPath=11
    it just says that there are no products to list in this category.

then i load a product and this is what it looks like:
    http://cindisdiscounts.com/index.php...index&cPath=10
    the entire page disappears.

BUT...another page that has products in it appears just fine:
    http://cindisdiscounts.com/index.php...=index&cPath=3

another thing that i discovered: if i click the link in the "categories" box, the actual "tops 14w-16w-1x, it shows nothing, but if i click on the green shirt 1x down in the "new products" box, then the page actually shows.

so this all tells me that the links over in the "categories" box must be bad, but why would some work and others not??? also, the two pages that i found to not work from the "categories" box link, i did delete them and start over....same problems occurs.

i sure hope someone can tell me what is going on.

thanks,
    cindi

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: page disappears

As your site appears to be down at the moment

have you
    1) checked your yoursite/cache folder to see if there are debug error files appearing in there
    2) Answered the posting tips, that appear when you press the reply button.
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

this one is in there once, the first one:

[22-Mar-2012 22:29:37 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 52

then this one is in there four times:

[23-Mar-2012 00:31:20 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 10

then this is in there 31 times:

[24-Mar-2012 03:03:22 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php:60) in /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 45

and this is the last entry:

[26-Mar-2012 13:57:00 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php:60) in /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 45
    Last edited by cindi6; 26 Mar 2012 at 03:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok, thank you for the link to the tutorial. i opened up the file and did have extra space / blank line at the end of the page. i deleted it and uploaded. i am still having the original problem of a page not being there. also, the cache is showing the error file still occurring. i don't know how it can be happening still if i got rid of it.

[26-Mar-2012 15:32:30 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php:60) in /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 45

Plugin Contributions

okay this TOTALLY doesn't make sense, but i tried it...

the page was fine as long as i had no products there. another page that i have the 2 products.....also fine. but then the first page, when i added a product, the page went completely blank.

so in my coffee lacking haze this morning, i thought that maybe adding a second product??? i know, it doesn't make sense.

as soon as i added the second product, the page showed back up.

??? so does this mean that as long as i have inventory added, i'm fine, but once i get down to my final product, the page will disappear again????

Plugin Contributions

fyi...

i tested my crazy theory on a third page....same results!

no products listed in the category: page shows fine
    add one product: page goes completely white
    add second product: page comes back
    added third product: page is still fine

i have no clue what any of this means....just passing on my discoveries. i guess i best never get down to my last item, huh?

Plugin Contributions

[26-Mar-2012 15:32:30 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php:60) in /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 45
    What DrByte is trying to help you see is that based on this error:
    /home/cindisdi/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php

You need to check your file and see if there are spaces or blank lines after the closing php braket ?> at the end if the file?

If so, you need to remove them ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

post #5, this thread....i did. i opened up the file, found that there were extra spaces after ?> so i deleted all of the extra spaces and uploaded it.

it's still giving me the same error message. is this where something is happening that is causing me to lose a page when only one product is loaded into the category????

thanks,
    cindi

Plugin Contributions

What are you using to edit your files?

Be sure that you are using a good TEXT editor to make these changes ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast