Plugin Contributions

Default [ProtectionEligibility:Ineligible]

I'm still using PayPal's 'Standard'

I started with 1.3.6, installed all the upgrades and patches etc am now using 1.5

I am still getting the same issue with my completed orders

In Admin/Orders I see
    "System Comments: {Record generated by IPN} [ProtectionEligibility:Ineligible] "
    I get the same wording whether the customer payment is made by credit card or PayPal Account.
    (NB: The two address system, Billing/Shipping has been diabled/switched off in admin, i.e. customers can now only get orders delivered to their Billing Address).

I've spoken to PayPal but they don't want to confirm or deny if it is they or the store where the problem is.

i.e. 'They cannot say if the address the store gives them is the same as the one the customer uses on their card or PayPal account.' ~ data protection issues etc. 'But if I use a registered delivery service then I would more than likely be protected against reversals.'

Searching the forums once again for a solution, I've come across this thread, and DrByte's post on 7 Mar 2012 07:56 PM, got me thinking i may have finally found the reason.

Q. DrByte Y/N?

If yes, will PayPal’s new API solve the issue?
    If no, please can you advise what I can do (or point the a thread that covers this). For obvious reasons I would really like to have that message read" ProtectionEligibility:Eligible"
    Last edited by ajmn; 24 Mar 2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: grammar!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [ProtectionEligibility:Ineligible]

That "Ineligible" or "Eligible" comes directly from PayPal. Contact them for an explanation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've spoken to PayPal (just before upgrading to 1.5), but they don't want to say if it's their system or zen cart.
    I spent quite sometime rephrasing questions.
    I did narrow it down to an address issue, but they would not confirm that my suspicions were correct because to do so meant they would be in fact disclosing the information of their clients accounts.

Very frustrating

Plugin Contributions

Since using 1.5, i don't have the option for different billing and shipping addresses, also added a note stating billing address must be they same as on their card or paypal account,
    now i have confirmed addresses (purchases from using a card and paypal account) and still getting the Ineligible status i suspect it's definately how zen talks to paypal.
    i.e. the address not getting through to them.
    as a test i have myself logged into my store and taken it through to paypal page, i do see my address on their page; obviously i cannot complete the sale!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"obviously"???

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

meaning ~ i cannot complete a purchase from my own store using my own paypal account

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

By using a second bank account and/or credit card, you can set up a *personal* PayPal account (which is separate from your *business* (or premier) account for your store), which can be easily used for testing.

Plugin Contributions

going out and setting up an extra bank account is not what i was really looking to do!

and quite frankly i don't really see what extra it would achieve,

i'm happy that my customers are using addresses that appear on their card/paypal accounts (i've had conversations with customers to confirm this is the case)

i'm guessing it's just my site then as you've not said yes or pointed to a thread where the same problem is being discussed,

as i said at the top, hoping that the data label shipping/billing might have been cause

but then why does the address get to the paypal login page but then reported not available on the paypal transaction page

oh well the search goes on!

Plugin Contributions

okay, rather than go out and get another bank account et al set up,
    I applied some lateral thinking!

I put the store in maintenance (excluding my IP).
    I set the store payment address (Business ID) to [email protected]

then went ahead and completed a purchase using my address details etc and my usual PayPal account email address

the sale generated the 'as expected' emails to myself as the customer and the usual emails to myself as the store owner, all fine there.
    I then went to admin/orders found my test order with all the details correct etc. but also showing ProtectionEligibility:Ineligible !!
    Then went to PayPal, found the transaction and saw the usual:

Seller Protection
    Not Eligible

[Protection for items not received
    Transactions without a postal address aren't eligible for seller protection. We recommend that you contact 'yourself' to make sure this payment was authorised. For more information, see our tips to sell securely.
    ]
    We have no delivery address on file.

phoned PayPal and pointed out the fact that it was me sending money to myself, therefore the address etc was known to be correct, no data protection issues now to get in the way etc.
    They were very helpful this time and said they would look into it and they would get back to me within 24hrs.

I will report back when I hear something.

I've since; cancelled my (unclaimed) payment,
    set my store’s Business ID back to normally and
    set my store to ‘open’ again.
    Last edited by ajmn; 25 Mar 2012 at 04:23 PM.