Plugin Contributions

Default i want to create a saels@ email for my site, but failed for some reason

hi, this is Alex from China, glad to join this forum and hope you can help me, thank you very much.

i want to create a saels@ email for my site, but failed for some reason, please take a look.

Step1 i created a email address in the cpanel: [email protected]

Step2 i set up the A and MX record in godaddy. i set it like this

CHAME

i didn't change anything about it. do i need to change anything in this area?

Please check thie MX record for me, i guess i did sth wrong in this section.

Step3 i went to Configuration ----E-Mail Options and set up everything. Like this

Step4 i set up my the [email protected] in the outlook express like this:

POP3

pop3 mydomain.com
    smtp mydomain.com
    account [email protected]
    Password: xxxxxxxxxx

Everything looks fine in my opinion, but when i tested it, probelm came.

First test: i sent a message from the "contact form" in my site, i can receive the message in the outlook, great! but when i reply the email, then check my outlook, no email received.

Second test: i used Gift Certificate/Coupons---mail Gift Certificate to a email, i received the email, great.but when i reply the email, then check my outlook, no email received.

Third test: registered a account and sent a order, yeah, received the order confirmation email. great but when i reply the email, then check my outlook, no email received.

Fourth test: i used another email (a gmail address) and write a email and then send to [email protected] from gmail address directly, then check my outlook, no email received.

Fifth test: i wrote a email in outlook and sent it to a gmail, my gmail can receive the email from [email protected], great but when i sent the reply in the gmail, the outlook can not receive.

When i used another email and sent a email to my [email protected], failed and the email was sent back and received this error code.

Name service error for name=dsflashcart.com type=MX: Host not found

Thanks for reading my long questions! if i did anything wrong in the setting steps, please tell me.

Any advice will be appreciated! thanks again!
    Last edited by hufuture; 27 Mar 2012 at 05:39 PM.