Hi all, this is another question Im sure is somehow related to godaddy's hosting system but maybe you guys can help me sort it out.

When a customer checks out, after clicking submit/confirm, the page will hang for a good while, maybe 35 seconds, but WILL charge the card and then eventually proceed to showing the order success page.

I get a very similar hang when trying to send out gift certificates, after creating the certificate and previewing it, when I send it, it hangs for a while and this error comes up:

ERROR: Failed sending email to: "" with subject: "[DISCOUNT COUPONS] money test" The following From address failed: [email protected]

BUT the certificate IS sent to the customer and the administrators get the email saying the certificate was sent.

I DO NOT get hangs when using "send email to customer" or even when using the "ask a question" feature from the front side of the website.

----

Having to wait for the gift certificate page is annoying but I would be happy to live with it, however when a customer sees no movement for 35 seconds after hitting submit on an order, that is a BIG problem.

----

Some background, we are using SMTPAUTH to send the emails.

Order and gift certificate emails are sent to 3 recipients:
[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

The email DOES make it to all 3 recipients.

I am at a loss as to how to diagnose this, I have a feeling it MIGHT be something like a messed up entry in our database but I wouldn't know where to look and it's only a hunch that that's the problem

Thanks guys.