Plugin Contributions

red flag Cannot access admin/index.php

Upgrading ZC to 1.5.0 from 1.3.8h via backup and (re-)install to new server after a hack.

Followed the directions exactly and everything seems to be operating fine at the user level. Site loads, SSL is functioning.

After installation, ran the database upgrade and everything seemed to be normal. At the bottom of the Install Successful page, I click the link to log into Admin and I get the "Hello, Thank you for loading Zen Cart" page" that indicates I did not complete installation (not the case) or that my configure.php files contain invalid path info or database credentials.

I can log into the mysql console with the credentials as entered, so it's not the database. I've checked and double-checked the paths. I've tried it with "admin" and a renamed folder. I've run zc_install twice, both confirming that everything was fine but still no joy at the admin level.

I am frustrated and tired of banging my head against the desk. Does anyone have an idea or several that I can try?

Thanks.....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot access admin/index.php

You mention a renamed admin so did you rename the admin folder after installation? And if so did you edit configure to reflect the new admin folder name?

Plugin Contributions

In the 1.5.* upgrade instructions, it says to rename the Admin folder and I did. There is no place in the 1.5.* configuration.php files to specifically reference it. The instructions say that no modifications are in place. The only reference to it in the config file is what appears to be a dynamic reference building the admin url much differently than in previous ZC versions.

Plugin Contributions

You can't access the admin by entering the URL (www. yoursite.com/YOUR_NEW_ADMIN_FOLDER_NAME) directly into the browser ? The button on the Installation Successful page is hard-coded to go to /admin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    You can't access the admin by entering the URL (www. yoursite.com/YOUR_NEW_ADMIN_FOLDER_NAME) directly into the browser ? The button on the Installation Successful page is hard-coded to go to /admin.
    That's correct, Steve. I've tried it both ways: it won't let me access admin when it's named as admin, or when it's renamed. Either way, trying the URL for admin gives me the "Thanks" message. I don't even see the log in form. Goes straight to the error page. I'd left configure.php writeable throughout, so any changes could be made but I don't see them in the files. I've tried making the files writeable and not in every possible combination I could think of and no joy.

What about hard-coding configure.php to the new admin url? And why would configure.php need to be writeable? More to the point, what does a working 1.5.* config file look like when working?

Thanks to all for their assistance thus far...

Plugin Contributions

Once the installation is done, Zencart doesn't write to the configure.php files, and they should be set to read-only (444).

In almost every case I've seen, the 'Thanks ...' page shows when the path info in the relevant configure.php file is wrong. You might post the contents of admin/includes/configure.php here, Xing out the name of your admin folder and the DB access details (user, password, DB name).

If the problem were the database credentials, you should get a different error message, so those are probably OK.

Plugin Contributions

I solved my problem by hard-coding the changed admin file into the configure.php file. I realize I might be undercutting security by doing so but I couldn't make it work any other way.

Lesson: the dynamic admin PHP syntax does not work, apparently, on Ubuntu 11 (at least in our configuration).

If someone has an idea about to make the config file work properly, I'm all ears. Until then, I'll be working on my store......

Thanks for all the help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jameyo View Post
    I solved my problem by hard-coding the changed admin file into the configure.php file. I realize I might be undercutting security by doing so but I couldn't make it work any other way.

Lesson: the dynamic admin PHP syntax does not work, apparently, on Ubuntu 11 (at least in our configuration).

If someone has an idea about to make the config file work properly, I'm all ears. Until then, I'll be working on my store......

Thanks for all the help.
    I'm having the same problem :S

After updating from 1.39h to 1.5, my admin/includes/configure.php is totally empty, and I can't access the admin login form =S
    How did you managed to make this work ?
    please help

Plugin Contributions

Installed 1.5 and started to populate the database... all worked fine for a while and now I can't connect to my admin pannel...
    when I enter my .../admin/index.php in the adress bar, I get the login, then poof... all goes blank it runs forever and ends up with a white page... at the bottom of my page i get "Waiting for fr.integrabuilt.us" and if I look at the java console it tells me that it has to do with one of the .js calling for that site but I know nothing about java script... can anyone help me out?