Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default SEO - Urls for ZC 1.5 ?

Hi
    Ive been through some of the older threads for SEO urls.

It seems there is

Simple SEO URL - Was good? Now not being updated. Also.. ive used this before and had webmaster tools crawling errors

Magic SEO URL - I ordered this, ima bit worried about it.. looking at the threads. I get a lot of backlinks to my products and my URLS are sacred.. I dont want them to "change" at a later date when the software is updated.

Power URLS? - Any good?

Any up to day advice/experiences appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SEO - Urls for ZC 1.5

So really what i want is a program i can load 20 articles into. Click a button and it will give me one long article with the individual articles un-modified just separated by a pipe

Plugin Contributions

Ultimate SEO URLs is working on my fresh 1.5.0 testing site here:

http://www.prom-mart.com/zencart/

I posted the confirmation in the 1.5 thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...183643&page=15

However, some are having problems when upgrading, but looks like it is being fixed here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194441

I use Simple SEO on one of my secondary sites; doesn't look like it is being upgraded.

I've used Magic SEO in the past, thought it worked good, but we recently noticed and confirmed with the developer that your product name cannot end in numbers. Which was hard for us, as we like to list our products by designer and style number.

Don't know if I'd buy another commercial seo mod. Would either stay with dynamic urls or go with the upgraded Ultimate SEO URL.

IMO, any seo rewriter is dangerous until if and when it is built in to the core zencart. But I may take a chance with Ultimate SEO when I get to 1.5 (probably won't upgrade my sites, just do a fresh install.)

sph

http://www.prom-mart.com/ (my testing area)

www.prommart.com
    www.fashion-mart.biz
    Last edited by SPH; 1 Apr 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Plugin Contributions

There is also CEON URI rewriter, but you will have to buy the upgraded mod to rewrite existing products. Otherwise, you'd have to click each one to rewrite...it all depends on how many products you have and how much time, I suppose.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks
    Ill have a look at ultimate...

Its surprising that after SOOO many updates to ZC they havent included "SEO Urls" in it.

Plugin Contributions

Im really much more interested in

a) No Crawl errors. Simple SEO is giving me over 5000 crawl errors!

b) Good handling of EZ pages - being able to choose the URL path i want to use

Plugin Contributions

CEON does allow you to choose the URL for every page if you want. It is also coded to work well with most if not all other mods (when an issue came up related to the way some mods look up cPath, Conor made an immediate fix to account for both methods).

Plugin Contributions

I agree that CEON URI is probably the safest rewriter and can give the prettiest urls. But it will not work with Easy Populate 4 uploads unless you purchase the additional mod to rewirte existing or uploaded products. My testing is that if you upload products via EP, you still have to go product by product, clicking to generate CEON for those products.

I am thinking of one day having "clients" and think that some might prefer Ultimate SEO which is fully functional. I know they will want Easy Populate.

sph

www.prom-mart.com

Plugin Contributions

So how much does it cost to support the CEON mod by paying for the extended functionality versus the benefit? (Rhetorical question - no price info is supposed to be posted in the forum.)

Plugin Contributions

Probably not any more than buying the Magic SEO URL (which we cannot use as names cannot end in numbers AND it completely takes over the htaccess file to the point that you really can't put anything else in there.) And keeping CEON going would be of great benefit, and once one goes with a SEO rewriter one pretty much has to keep it going. But then one is stuck with paying for a commercial mod to keep their open source zencart going.

Some here may be open source purists and avoid buying any mod (although may make donations.)

"Clients" probably don't care and want what is easiest, and I'm sure many would pop for the additional CEON upgraded mod. That cost would have to be factored into a price for the client. I'm pretty sure clients would not want CEON without the upgraded functionality.

Having Ultimate SEO as a fully functional open source alternative is also nice, I think. That is until it breaks or something.... LOL

Probably safest to stay with default dynamic urls...but clients may want pretty ones. I've got my eye on the upgraded Ultimate SEO for now. As I recall, when I tried it years ago, it was a failure...just never got it working. Seems to be working now.

sph
    www.prom-mart.com (testing area)
    Last edited by SPH; 1 Apr 2012 at 10:41 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast