Plugin Contributions

Default Create new email contact choice

I need to set up a new email account similar to the contact_us email. My web site has the "Contact Us" email and I would like to set up a similar account called "Technical Support" with different text and a different email address

How do I set up this new account?

Anyone help will be appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Create new email account

You can set as many as you want in Admin - Configuration - Email Options - Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List

help question Re: Create new email contact choice

I have been needing to do something similar and because I am REALLY new at doing all of this, I just wanted to be sure I understand how it will work.
    I want to have three separate email options for organization, one for new sales orders, one for customer service issues, and one for general info inquiries. Is this how I would achieve this for customers to send to the correct email?
    Do I have to do anything to set up the actual email account? Ie: with my hosting provider?

I appreciate the help, I hired someone to add zen cart to my website, but he did not do much to configure it and I started with no knowledge of website building or html. I only recently realized there was an email account already set up as [email protected]. Is this something that usually comes set up standard when you start zen cart? Or did he set it up? I didn't see it set up through my hosting provider.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Create new email contact choice

First you setup your email accounts on the server cpanel or whatever manager you have.

Using the email options explained above, you follow the instructions on that page to create multiple drop down email options.

That's what I thought, but the [email protected] was not in my cpanel? I didn't create it, would not have even known it was in use in zencart if I hadn't been testing my shopping cart. The sales emails ends up automatically forwarding to my personal email.
    I assume though, that I must then create any additional ones in the cpanel as you said.

I think I may have figured it out!
    Is it that because there was not an existing email called [email protected] zen cart defaulted to my personal email to forward to? But, if I actually wanted the emails to go to an actual email other than my default such as to [email protected], it would also have to be created in my cpanel now.

Or, would I mess up whatever is already formatted in zen cart for emails if I do this?

Plugin Contributions

I think the default CPanel behavior is to route emails that are received at non-existing addresses to the main address for the domain. You can change that in the SpamAssassin settings.

Just create the email addresses you want to use for Zencart in CPanel, then create accounts for them in your email client and set them up in the admin option I mentioned above.