Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dynamic Filter 1.0 not working for Options

That seems to suggest it's probably a different mod that is causing the problem.
    Is there any chance you can test on a clean installation or is it possible to switch off any other mods you have installed?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by damiantaylor View Post
    That seems to suggest it's probably a different mod that is causing the problem.
    Is there any chance you can test on a clean installation or is it possible to switch off any other mods you have installed?
    Switched off a few mods that can be turned on/off. Went through my different mods to see if they overwrote the same files in this mod. Didn't see that. I can't test on a clean installation. If I can give you access to my store via FTP, could you take a look and see if you see anything? Would that help? Thanks

Can you switch the site on again so I can see what the generated HTML looks like? That may give us a clue as to what is happening

Plugin Contributions

Sure, it's back on now.
    Last edited by jimproz; 4 May 2012 at 07:54 AM.

I was hoping it was going to be a styling issue but for some reason it is generating nothing. The code below is what your website is generating (right click your browser window and select View Page Source to see for yourself). Your products should appear between the <table width="auto" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1"> and </table> tags
    Code:
    <div id="productListing">

<div id="productsListingTopNumber" class="navSplitPagesResult back">Displaying <strong>1</strong> to <strong>2</strong> (of <strong>2</strong> products)</div>
    <div id="productsListingListingTopLinks" class="navSplitPagesLinks forward"> &nbsp;</div>

<br class="clearBoth" />

<div class="centerBoxWrapperContents">
    <table width="auto"  border="0"  cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1">

</table>
     </div>
    <div id="productsListingBottomNumber" class="navSplitPagesResult back">Displaying <strong>1</strong> to <strong>2</strong> (of <strong>2</strong> products)</div>

<div  id="productsListingListingBottomLinks" class="navSplitPagesLinks forward"> &nbsp;</div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />

</div>
    If you filter on something that genuinely doesn't exist such as this where I've just swapped the 80x32 for 32x80.....
    Code:
    http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Jeans?sort=0&fltSizes[]=32x80
    You correctly get the message 'There are no products to list in this category.'

To me, it looks like the filter is working, especially after you'd confirmed the generated SQL does return the 2 expected products. You could try looking at the file that generates the product listing table to see why it isn't generating any products inside the table. Working backwards from there should eventually lead you to the cause of the problem.
    If you can work out the cause, hopefully we can find a solution.

Sorry I can't be more help!

Plugin Contributions

Hey Damian
    I used a program, Beyond Compare and I compared the code using Jeans/50x32 filter and Jeans 80x32 to see any differences (the 50x32 filter seems to work fine). There were a couple differences in the code. Does it make any sense to you? I use Opera and use their Dragonfly extension (like Firebug for Firefox) and copied the code for each screen and then ran it through Beyond Compare. Hmmmm....this one is a stumper

Code:
    <a class="disabled">Falcon Bay Sportswear</a>
    <a class="enabled" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Jeans?fltSizes[]=80x32&fltBrand[]=3">Grand River Jean Co.</a>
    <a class="disabled">$33 -- $43</a>
    <a class="enabled" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Jeans?fltSizes[]=80x32&fltPrice[]=43.01--53">$43 and over</a>
    <a class="enabled" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Jeans?fltSizes[]=80x32&fltColor[]=Black">Black</a>
    Code:
    <a class="enabled" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Jeans?fltSizes[]=50x32&fltBrand[]=4">Falcon Bay Sportswear</a>
    <a class="enabled" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Jeans?fltSizes[]=50x32&fltBrand[]=3">Grand River Jean Co.</a>
    <a class="enabled" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Jeans?fltSizes[]=50x32&fltPrice[]=32.5--43">$33 -- $43</a>
    <a class="enabled" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Jeans?fltSizes[]=50x32&fltPrice[]=43.01--53">$43 and over</a>
    <a class="enabled" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Jeans?fltSizes[]=50x32&fltColor[]=Black">Black</a>

I think you'll have to debug file includes/modules/product_listing.php as that's the file that fills array '$list_box_contents' with your product listing.

See if you can track down the reason that file isn't generating any products for you.
    For example, see if '$listing_split->number_of_rows' is greater than zero (it's around line 73).

If $listing_Split is empty, that points to the splitPageResults class.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by damiantaylor View Post
    I think you'll have to debug file includes/modules/product_listing.php as that's the file that fills array '$list_box_contents' with your product listing.

See if you can track down the reason that file isn't generating any products for you.
    For example, see if '$listing_split->number_of_rows' is greater than zero (it's around line 73).

If $listing_Split is empty, that points to the splitPageResults class.
    This is what it's showing. I'm not well versed in PHP at all, so I don't have any idea where to start looking. I do appreciate all your help you've given me trying to get this problem fixed. Thank you
    Code:
    if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
      $rows = 0;
      $listing = $db->Execute($listing_split->sql_query);
      $extra_row = 0;
      while (!$listing->EOF) {
        $rows++;

if ((($rows-$extra_row)/2) == floor(($rows-$extra_row)/2)) {
          $list_box_contents[$rows] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-even"');
        } else {
          $list_box_contents[$rows] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
        }

$cur_row = sizeof($list_box_contents) - 1;

We need to see if the number of rows returned by $listing_split is greater than zero (my guess is it isn't) so try adding this 'die' line....
    Code:
    die('I see ' . $listing_split->number_of_rows);
    if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
      $rows = 0;
      $listing = $db->Execute($listing_split->sql_query);
      $extra_row = 0;
      while (!$listing->EOF) {
        $rows++;

if ((($rows-$extra_row)/2) == floor(($rows-$extra_row)/2)) {
          $list_box_contents[$rows] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-even"');
        } else {
          $list_box_contents[$rows] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
        }
    ...then go directly to this link....
    Code:
    http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Jeans?sort=0&fltSizes[]=80x32
    If you see 'I see 0' then $listing_split is zero which is why you're getting no products listed.
    We'd then need to look at file 'includes/classes/split_page_results.php' to see why $listing_split has returned no rows.
    Did you upload the 'split_page_results.php' file supplied in the distribution or did you add the changes manually?

I'll not be around now for just over a week so good luck getting this working. If you're still struggling we'll try again when I'm back

Plugin Contributions

Default Dynamic Filter v1.0 - can I have number of items added in brackets?

Hi,

Installed this filter and it's now working great! Thanks..

There's just one thought, though - is it possible to have after the filters the number of products per that filter, in brackets?

e.g.
    Price
    £0-£2 (10) --< there are ten products in that price bracket
    £2.01-£5 (15)

Country
    India (147) --< 147 products originate from India
    South Africa (56)

Apart from that - thanks for a great mod.

Cheers,

Gavin

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast