Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Settings from Tools Menu Fails

Clearly you've got a totally confused set of files on your server. So delete them and start clean. I can't help you without knowing all the details of the mess you've got right now, so starting clean is the fastest and smartest way.

Backup your 1.5.0 database data for safe-keeping, because you'll need to restore it later.
    You'll need the database username/password/etc info that's in your current configure.php files, too.

Uninstall your current Zen Cart using the Fantastico uninstaller. And then wipe all traces of whatever it left behind, by deleting any files it left in whatever folder it had installed into.

Download a clean copy of Zen Cart. You'll find the link on the www.zen-cart.com home page.
    Unzip it.

Then upload the unzipped set of files.

You'll find installation instructions in the /docs/ folder, in two forms: When viewing /docs/index.html from your browser you'll see links to install instructions ... and/or you can view the /docs/Implementation_Guide.pdf file for detailed instructions and lots of extra important implementation instructions.

Once you've got a clean install of Zen Cart working, and can login to the admin etc, do a quick backup of the temporary data that's now in your database.
    Then restore the backup you made prior to this re-install. Then you can login to your admin using the admin password you had in the backed-up database.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Your right, I've beaten this dead horse right down to the marrow. Start clean and insert the data back in that I had most of the work into anyway. Thanks for getting the stubborn little elves in my head to start cooperating with each other. I'll update this link with my results.

Plugin Contributions

PS: Also, I just found a bug in the "tell a friend" module... I noticed it right after I added a group of size attributes to a product and then displayed the item, the "tell a friend" box appears with a bunch or erroneous text within the button and below the entry box.

The button now says"
    BOX_HEADING_TELL_A_FRIEND
    instead of "Tell a Friend"

and the 2 lines of data under the entry box says:
    BUTTON_TELL_A_FRIEND_ACT
    BOX_TELL_A_FRIEND_TEXT

I'm not going to post this to the BUG forum yet until I reset the whole thing. If it still turns up, it's a bug.

Plugin Contributions

Um, "tell a friend" was removed from 1.5, so if you are seeing that error it is because your template or site still has geriatric code in it

Quote Originally Posted by dewragdave View Post
    PS: Also, I just found a bug in the "tell a friend" module... I noticed it right after I added a group of size attributes to a product and then displayed the item, the "tell a friend" box appears with a bunch or erroneous text within the button and below the entry box.

The button now says"
    BOX_HEADING_TELL_A_FRIEND
    instead of "Tell a Friend"

and the 2 lines of data under the entry box says:
    BUTTON_TELL_A_FRIEND_ACT
    BOX_TELL_A_FRIEND_TEXT

I'm not going to post this to the BUG forum yet until I reset the whole thing. If it still turns up, it's a bug.
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Well I cleaned everything up and uploaded a brand new version of v1.5.0, only problem is I can't use it because my PHP server version it too old. This is also probably why Fantastico jammed things up.

Here is the error:

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart®.
    Unfortunately we've discovered a problem:

The PHP version you are using (5.2.11) is too old, and this version of Zen Cart® cannot be used. You need to upgrade your server to the latest version of PHP.

This version of Zen Cart® requires an absolute minimum of PHP version 5.2.14
    It is recommended to use the latest version of PHP 5.3.xx.

NOTE: At the time of this release, PHP 5.4 is not yet officially available, and has not been extensively tested with this version of Zen Cart®. Check the www.zen-cart.com website for the latest version if your server is running PHP 5.4 or newer.

The Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart® website is also an important resource.

So now I have to submit a ticket to my HOST to upgrade my server.

The only problem is my current website might very well crash because of PHP 5.3 incompatibility. Can't be having that!!

Now I'm going to have to find a PHP code sniffer and d.ick around for who knows how long, just to keep my live site active while I try to build the new one.
    #$%@&*(%$&#^^%

If only I could split my Live site and Test site between 2 different servers...
    Talk about a perfectly executed Catch 22 situation...
    Last edited by dewragdave; 7 Apr 2012 at 08:32 PM.

Plugin Contributions

zen 1.39 works fine on PHP 5.3, it is only 1.38 that has issues with it,
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nigelt74 View Post
    zen 1.39 works fine on PHP 5.3, it is only 1.38 that has issues with it,
    It's my live OSCommerse site that I am concerned about, everything else is in test mode anyway.

Plugin Contributions

After much tweaking and poking I got the v1.5.0 menus to work. So far haven't found any other problems. Still testing everything to make sure.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    well, the zc_install step isn't really necessary if your database was properly converted to the new format. In that case you probably just need to delete your admin folder and replace it with the new one. Your /admin/includes/configure.php file is something you'll want to preserve though, so make a copy of it first, and then put it back in after you replace your admin folder.
    Just wanted to let you know that the above worked for me. I was also getting the 404 error on the Admin Settings and my Admin Menu was not showing the Admin Access Management option on top. I know my database was reporting as version 1.5.0 and also my ZC version was coming as 1.5.0, so I downloaded ZC 1.5.0 again, unzipped the Admin folder renamed it to my original admin folder and also copy the /includes/configured.php file from the old folder, uploaded to the site and now its working 100%, I did a test order with my AIM Authorize.net just to make sure and it worked perfectly. I hope stays this way : )

Thanks Doc!

Steak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12