Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Settings from Tools Menu Fails

I just updated from v1.3.9 to v1.5.0 with no addons other than a template change.
    When I sign into Admin and use the Tools Menu - Admin Settings, I get the following error:

Not Found
    The requested URL /zen/admin/FILENAME_ADMIN.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've seached everywhere for FILENAME_ADMIN.php with no luck.
    is there a fix in the works? or can someone tell me where to get the file?

The "Admin Settings" option worked in v1.3.8a, I did not check it in v1.3.9, but it is not working in v1.5.0.
    Last edited by dewragdave; 2 Apr 2012 at 05:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Settings from Tools Menu Fails

Um ... because that menu option no longer exists.

The entire menu was rearchitected for v1.5.0.
    All the admin user controls are under Admin Access Management, which is on the menu bar, beside Tools and Gift Cert/Coupons, etc.

If you're getting those kinds of errors and even seeing that menu option, then it tells me you're really using v1.3.x PHP code instead of the new v1.5.0 code ... which tells me you've done the upgrade incorrectly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Moving this out of the Zen Cart Bug Reports section, because it's not a bug. It's by design.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well I worked for several days on this and here is what I have to share.

First of all I have 2 databases in my test site.
    Both were in v1.3.9a

One had the admin folder renamed (this will be my live site when finished) and one I did not rename (this is for testing program changes).

I used an update program from my cpanel called FANTASTICO to update both of them. (basically seconds apart)

I thought after some cogitatin' that maybe the renamed one did not get updated properly because the update program could not find "ADMIN" because it had been renamed.....but...!!! the one I did not rename has the same error.

Is there something I need to run like a compiler program to set this into place or did fantastico just screw it up.

I have a full backup so I can restore and try again but don't really want to.

I'm also going to create a brand new DB in v1.5.0 to see if it works. (not my favorite solution but doable)

I've downloaded the full version of v1.5.0 and uploaded the full ADMIN folder into my renamed site but am not quite sure how to integrate it.
    Any further help would be appreciated.

My goal was to replace OSCommerse with Zen-Cart by mid April but now my time line is shot. I should have just stayed with a working v1.3.9 model. I've been spending most of my time converting OSC files to ZEN files for products, customers etc... I'm going to just have all the customers re-issue themselves new passwords when the time comes.

ALSO: I have not put in any add-on modules yet. (except a new template) I am interested in a few like the "Stock by Attributes" and "backing up on the menu bar" but I have too many in OSC to make it functional and now it's a maintenance nightmare to upgrade.

(Here are my stats.....Almost identical in both except for time)
    The Zen Cart admin sign-on:
    Your version of Zen Cart™ appears to be current.
    (You are presently using: v1.5.0)

The Data Base version:
    Zen Cart 1.5.0
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.0
    v1.5.0 [2012-04-01 19:50:13] (Version Update 1.3.9->1.5.0)
    v1.3.9h [2011-04-08 13:06:37] (Version Update 1.3.8->1.3.9h)
    v1.3.9g [2010-10-18 12:27:31] (Version Update 1.3.8->1.3.9g)
    v1.3.9d [2010-10-18 12:27:31] (Version Update 1.3.8b->1.3.9d)
    v1.3.9b [2010-07-09 14:18:36] (Version Update 1.3.8->1.3.9b)
    v1.3.8 [2009-12-16 14:47:40] (Fresh Installation)

PS: DrByte....Thanks for moving this to the right forum location!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Fantastico does a good job of screwing up upgrades. In short, you shouldn't use any so-called "automated" upgrade tool, since it never takes into account any customizations you've made.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you've converted your old store's data to work in a v1.3.9 site, and your 1.3.9 site has no significant customizations or addons, then you can simply use the 1.5.0 files and your 1.3.9 database, and run /zc_install/index.php and choose the Database Upgrade option to bring your database up to date.
    Then continue configuring and customizing your store which now has your database converted to the new format.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Fantastico does a good job of screwing up upgrades. In short, you shouldn't use any so-called "automated" upgrade tool, since it never takes into account any customizations you've made.
    Yeah, this is why I have only used it here...(no real customization other than template change so far)

OSC has left a bad taste in my mouth. It takes me days to make even simple changes with all the redundant testing.

Plugin Contributions

If you've converted your old store's data to work in a v1.3.9 site, and your 1.3.9 site has no significant customizations or addons, then you can simply use the 1.5.0 files and your 1.3.9 database, and run /zc_install/index.php and choose the Database Upgrade option to bring your database up to date.
    Then continue configuring and customizing your store which now has your database converted to the new format.
    The data base is already in 1.5.0 since I did the Factastico thing.
    I'll try the zc_install and post an update.
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

well, the zc_install step isn't really necessary if your database was properly converted to the new format. In that case you probably just need to delete your admin folder and replace it with the new one. Your /admin/includes/configure.php file is something you'll want to preserve though, so make a copy of it first, and then put it back in after you replace your admin folder.

But I'm concerned that the fantastico updates to the database might not have included the admin menuing pieces, and thus your admin menu may be trashed. In that case you'll need a backup from before your fantastico experiment ... and then use zc_install to do the database upgrade from 1.3.9 to 1.5.0

Plugin Contributions

well, the zc_install step isn't really necessary if your database was properly converted to the new format. In that case you probably just need to delete your admin folder and replace it with the new one. Your /admin/includes/configure.php file is something you'll want to preserve though, so make a copy of it first, and then put it back in after you replace your admin folder.

But I'm concerned that the fantastico updates to the database might not have included the admin menuing pieces, and thus your admin menu may be trashed. In that case you'll need a backup from before your fantastico experiment ... and then use zc_install to do the database upgrade from 1.3.9 to 1.5.0
    I'm sure something else is messed up somewhere...just haven't found it yet.
    Well, my renamed Admin folder is still fully or partially in 1.3.9.....I think??? or I wouldn't still be getting the old style menu, right.
    I upload the v1.5.0 admin folder and have both together.
    If I run the zc_admin, will it pick up the admin or the rename

If I just restore the HOMEDIR backup...then would I upload just the zc_admin folder and rerun or the whole magilla? I guess I only have a 98.6% handle on what to do when the unexpected happens in zen-cart at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast