Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem with attributes set with Display Only

The product I'm referring to is:
    http://www.hardwoodcanes.com/extra-r...tips-p-19.html

If you just select "add to cart" without selecting a size, it just replies "your shopping cart is empty". Isn't it supposed to stay on the product page, and say something like, "you forgot to select a size", or something like that? I'd like an error message to be displayed, rather than just say your cart is empty.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with attributes set with Display Only

Quote Originally Posted by canemasters View Post
    The product I'm referring to is:
    http://www.hardwoodcanes.com/extra-r...tips-p-19.html

If you just select "add to cart" without selecting a size, it just replies "your shopping cart is empty". Isn't it supposed to stay on the product page, and say something like, "you forgot to select a size", or something like that? I'd like an error message to be displayed, rather than just say your cart is empty.

Thank you.
    I suspect that you have all three option values set at display only. Make the option value "please select..." display only and the default. The make the other option values display only/ no, default / no, and required yes. That will force an error if not selected.

Quote Originally Posted by badarac View Post
    I suspect that you have all three option values set at display only. Make the option value "please select..." display only and the default. The make the other option values display only/ no, default / no, and required yes. That will force an error if not selected.
    No, that's not it. If you take a look at:
    http://www.hardwoodcanes.com/birds-h...-cane-p-4.html

The attribute "wood type" is a required attribute. It has several options, and the only one that is set to display only is "Please choose a wood type (REQUIRED) "

Here's a screen shot of my attributes for wood type:

Maybe it's because the free attribute is set when most of them aren't free??
    Last edited by canemasters; 2 Apr 2012 at 07:39 PM.

It's not the free box being checked that's causing the problem. I disabled the free box, and it's still doing it.

I re-uploaded the entire contents of includes, and the admin folder from a fresh install just to verify nothing went wrong during the file transfer, but it's still doing it.

I'm just not getting any error that I missed a required attribute. It's going right to "your shopping cart is empty".

For an example of one of my sites with the attribute error that works, look here:
    http://www.canemasters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=298

Now, on my other site, it doesn't work. Look here:
    http://www.hardwoodcanes.com/birds-h...-cane-p-4.html

I don't get it. I compared attribute settings between the two sites, and they both match.
    Both sites are running 1.5.0
    Last edited by canemasters; 2 Apr 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Wait a second... I think this has something to do with the url redirection.

If you notice on the canamasters.com website, it looks like when you simply add that cane to the cart without choosing a wood type, it changes the url slightly.

But on the hardwoodcanes.com site, the url does something completely different.

Maybe my .htaccess file???

Ultimate SEOURL's was causing the problem. I removed the files from my website, and removed the code from my .htaccess file, and now everything is working great.

Is this a bug? Can somebody with ultimate seo url's verify if you just click add to cart without filling out a required attribute, if it simply says "your shopping cart is empty" ?

I'd really like to use ULTIMATE SEO URL's, but not if it has this bug, if it is in fact a bug...

At least I found the problem...

This really sucks. I'm going to have to modify a lot of shortcuts if I can't get ulitmate seo to work right. It works great, except for when a customer tries to add a product to thier cart without choosing a required attribute.

It's just not rewriting the url properly for zencart to tell them they forgot to modify the attribute.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

What is your reason for using SEO URL stuff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast