Plugin Contributions

Default What Language for Emails?

My client asked me a question that I can't find the answer for. She is adding Spanish to her cart. English is the primary language. When a confirmation email goes out to the client who has selected Spanish for their language, do they get the confirmation in Spanish or English? Does the Admin (my client) get that in Spanish or English?

Is ZC smart enough to know that the admin has selected English as their primary language and therefore sends all emails to them in English? Or do they get their copies in the language that the customer has selected?

Thanks,

Jim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What Language for Emails?

Emails will be sent using the language selected by the customer during their shopping session. Likewise all order details (product names, subtotals, shipping details, etc) will all appear in the language the customer had selected.
    There is no "preference" for the admin to receive their emails in another language, nor does the architecture support that in the v1.x.x series.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

If customer selects spanish and makes an order:
    -> customer gets a spanish order confirmation email
    -> admin gets a copy of that customer email ie. in spanish

When changing order status in the admin and sending an auto email, it will go out in the language of the admin as selected at that moment, not that of the original order.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the replies. I told my client to get familiar with Google translator!
    - Jim

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the replies. I told my client to get familiar with Google translator
    If you mean because she has to use the admin in spanish, you could always copy the majority of the english defines into the spanish files so the admin interface is still in english but the leave the relevant email constants as spanish.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...