Plugin Contributions

Default Class 'category_tree' not found (FireFTP problem)

I had lots of trouble getting Zen Cart installed but I think I finally got it (a few of the files weren't fully uploaded by FireFTP). The cart shows up, seemingly OK, but it is giving me errors in the cache folder:

[22-Mar-2012 10:46:18] PHP Fatal error: Class 'category_tree' not found in *host path*/cart/includes/modules/sideboxes/document_categories.php on line 12

So close! The admin section seems to be running fine. I just have these last few bugs to squish to get the store running properly.

URL:
    http:// j e l a r y n.com/cart/

Thanks in advance for any help or insight on my issue.

Details
    -Installed on Apache server - FatCow host- "zen-cart-v150-full-release-12302011" and installed manually.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Class 'category_tree' not found

You're still missing files from the server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks - that's a start! So, instead of looking for a needle in a haystack, is there an easy way to re-upload ZenCart without having to do a reinstall? In other words, does the installation change anything beside the config files on the server? I have already tried to compare the install files to the files on the server and there are too many to pin down what exactly is missing.

Thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Here's an easier way to make sure you get all the files uploaded:

Create an installation .zip file by removing the intermediate folder (zen-cart-v150-full-release-12302011) from the Zencart zip file and rezipping the files inside it to a file named zencart_150_install.zip.

Using FTP, copy the Zencart install zip file to the root of where the store will be.

In CPanel (or your control Panel) File Manager, Extract the zip file.

This is how I install Zencart, and in your case will overwrite all the files, adding the ones you're missing. Much faster, too.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Or, this approach is also very reliable: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to say I did a fresh install using FTP software instead of FireFTP on my browser and the problem went away. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Just wanted to say I did a fresh install using FTP software instead of FireFTP on my browser and the problem went away. Thanks!
    Yes... you MUST use proper tools when working with sophisticated programs like zencart. This goes for text editing, file merging, image editing, etc... etc...
    20 years a Zencart User