Plugin Contributions

Default Can't see my store data after restoring database

I am trying to upgrade from 1.38a to 1.5. I have followed the instructions closely believe, but may be missing a step that is causing the issue I am facing. I have used GoDaddy's Backup and Restore tools and have also tried backing up and restoring via phpMyAdmin, but the database never restores. I don't get any errors, its just that my existing store data never transfers. After I do the backup/restore I go to my new store install and see all the demo products/categories and also visiting my admin console I do not see any of my customers, orders, or any other historical data from my existing 1.38a store.

Completely lost I then reran the zc_install and chose the database upgrade. I went from 1.38 to 1.39, then from 1.39 to 1.5. Same affect or rather no effect - the data is still all demo and no customer, order or any other data in the admin area from my 1.38a store.

I am totally stumped at this point and hate to post for help because I am probably missing something so obvious to seasoned upgraders and zen gurus. Anyway if someone out there has any ideas what I could be doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it. Truthfully I was happy with 1.38 and would have stayed with it a little longer but when the USPS changed their API's I decided now is the time...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't see my store data after restoring database

In your old store's /includes/configure.php file there's a DB_PREFIX setting.
    Compare that with your new store's same setting.
    You won't see the old store's data if your new store's DB_PREFIX isn't the same as the old one.

The DB_PREFIX denotes a prefix of letter that is pre-pended to the (beginning of) the database tablenames.
    You can probably see for yourself that if you go into the database via phpMyAdmin you'll have two sets of tables: one with the prefix used by your old site (often "zen_") and another set with either no prefix or some other prefix. Updating your new configure.php file's DB_PREFIX to match the tables you're importing is the solution to your dilemma.

It's also explained here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't see my store data after restoring database

That's the best answer I think I have ever received to a forum post question. You nailed it. DrByte you are a true ZenCart ninja! Thank you!