Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default mysite.configuration does not exist

Okay, I've seen this topic covered but nothing is working to fix this.

I have followed the instructions. I exported the database from the original database. I installed zencart on the new server. I checked, it worked. I uploaded old files to overwrite the new files. I dropped all tlhe tables from the database, I imported the old database. It was successful. I open the page....

1146 Table 'funinthezen.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]

I checked both config files and realized that the new database had a prefix of zen_ and the old had no prefix. So I changed that.... and NOW the site says the server doesn't exist. I put zen_ back in, I get the error above.

SO. I reinstall from scratch, uploading from the download at zencart, install it, the default works, I upload files, I do the database thing.......

Again, same 1146 error as above. I checked the config files and they don't have a prefix, which is how it should be.

The problem is I'm on a time table because my client is switching for Alekia (why he hosted there I'll never know, btw I didn't build the original so I can't even just recreate it from scratch, and in fact have rebuilt the site for him but because he hasn't approved the redesign yet he wants the old one up) to GoDaddy.com and so I have a certain amount of time to make this work until the dns servers are pointing to the godaddy hosting and I am about to have a heart attack because I have the flu and have been at this for 7 hours now.

Please? Help?
    Last edited by khoweb; 4 Apr 2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: I just wanted to note that I realize GoDaddy is not ideal for zencart, however, that's who he chose, so I'm stuck with it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: mysite.configuration does not exist

"funinthezen" is the database name

"configuration" is the table it's looking for

So, the error message is telling you that the system is unable to find a table named "configuration" in the database named "funinthezen" on the database-server using the username/password as specified in the configure.php files.

Your problem is entirely in your configure.php files. (Assuming you actually have a database with the correct data in it someplace.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I mispoke in my first post. Now when pulling up the site it says:

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://mysite.com/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.

The config files are, as far as I can tell, correct.

The configuration table exists, see attached photo.

Config from old server:

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', '');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'funinthe_user');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'apasswordhere');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'funinthe_db');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db');
    // for STORE_SESSIONS, use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage

Config from new server:
    // define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', '');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'funinthezen.db.9183318.hostedresource.com');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'funinthezen');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'anotherpasswordhere');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'funinthezen');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db');
    // for STORE_SESSIONS, use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage
    Last edited by khoweb; 4 Apr 2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: forgot to attach file

Plugin Contributions

dont know why it shrunk it so much

[scr]http://www.khowebdesign.com/config.jpg[/scr]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, the error message has changed ... so ... now you need to sort out what's causing the new error.
    I suspect part of it may be your DNS changes. In fact that may be a big part of all of your problems.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

so from what you're seeing i haven't entered anything wrong in the config files either? and initially it happened when the new site had a prefix and i took that prefix off... looking at the jpg of my database, you can see that there's no prefix, right? so I'm right on that? I cannot imagine what in the world I could have done wrong, so I hope you're right and that it IS the dns thing and once it's propogates fully to godaddy.com's hosting it'll just suddenly work, because i cannot take much more of this headache, lol.