Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need URL to Admin to Integrate with Stamps.com

I am integrating my zen cart with stamps. com so I can import my orders from my website and I am down to one piece of information. Customer service said that I need to put in the URL to my admin (which is where there files are) but I have no idea what it is? Does anyone have any ideas? I put the in this folder www/zc_admin/admin. When I right click and properties on the folder it has this url but it does not work either
    my_domain.net:2082/frontend/x3/filemanager/index.html?
    Last edited by DrByte; 4 Apr 2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: removed private link

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need URL to Admin to Integrate with Stamps.com

Back up a bit ... what's the URL to *your* store admin? (No, don't post it here.) I'm guessing that THAT is what they're talking about, and NOT your cPanel path (which you should never share with anybody).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for pointing that out. I am very inexperienced at this and only knowledge I have is html. I find the php and paths very confusing. I didn't know there was a different url to my store admin but I'm sure that is probably what they are asking for. the fill in blank for stamps.com seems to be assuming it starts with https: also. How do I ask the question to get the right answer without posting something I should not be? LOL Thank you for your help. I can't wait to be able to import my orders from my website directly. I have been copying and pasting all this time

Plugin Contributions

Did I put anything in my question that I should not have?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cahoca View Post
    I have been copying and pasting all this time
    copying from where?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

From the packing slip online of ZenCart.

Plugin Contributions

You're losing us completely now... I have no idea what you are trying to illustrate.
    Our latest project is Pet Tags.

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry, just strike the comment as it does not mean anything to what I am trying to accomplish. To restate, in stamps.com desktop program I am trying to set up a profile for my website in the batch area so that I can import my orders through my ZenCart 1.3.9g I have everything done with the exception of the information asking for my website URL to the admin area of ZenCart where I placed their files. My question is, how can I find the correct url that I need to put here to the admin area of ZenCart so stamps.com can access their add on?

Plugin Contributions

I think I can help. The desktop app is needing the path to your shopping cart, NOT your admin folder during the batch setup.

Have you downloaded the Stamps.com files which must be edited and FTP'd to your cart root folder, NOT your admin folder?

The zsettings.php file must have the following 2 edits made.

define("SHIPPING_ACCESS_TOKEN","YOUR ACCESS TOKEN GOES BETWEEN THE DOUBLE QUOTE MARKS"); // See steps above to set this -- REQUIRED !

define("ZENCART_ADMIN_DIRECTORY","YOUR_ADMIN_DIRECTORY_NAME"); // = /YOUR_ADMIN_DIRECTORY_NAME/

In the Desktop application:

• once logged in
    • click the "Batch" tab
    • then, click the "Manage" tab just to the right of the "Refresh" tab
    • A popup window will open.
    • Click "New"
    • Click "zen cart"
    • Click "Next"
    • When you have completed steps 1 - 4, which included editing the zsettings.php file, click "My WebStore is Configured"
    • Next screen:
    • Enter your webstore name,
    • enter your webstore url using the example as shown in the datafield ie: https://www.YOURDOMAINNAME.com,
    • copy/paste your "TOKEN"
    • Click "Next"
    • Follow the remaining windows. You will be able to select "Send email shipping confirmation to customer" and "Hide Postage paid from customer", etc

You're done. Just wait for the Stamps.com servers to update. You might want to set the hours per download to 24 from 100. Anything higher than 24 will cause the Stamps.com server to download orders from 4 days in the past to 1 day into the future on EVERY update.
    Last edited by RixStix; 5 Apr 2012 at 12:05 AM.
    Rick
    ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

You are right me on what I am trying to do. Have edited files, uploaded, set permissions etc. Have used the web address needed in all forms- with and without https/http www/no www etc. No matter what I put the program just sits there and eventually comes back with the message that it is not the correct URL. I called customer service and he said I have everything right except that I need to put a URL to my store that directs it to the admin file where the stamps.com files have been uploaded. That is where I am stuck- I don't know what the URL is to my admin folder of ZenCart to make stamps.com works. It never ends up setting up a profile on my store because it can't get by this. Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast