Page 18 of 119 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1189
  1. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    82
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Image Handler 4 (for v1.5.x) Support Thread

    I am sorry, I probably was not very clear, I mean product images on category pages. There are managed by IH and come from the cache directory, for example, one of the images path is - bmz_cache/d/d44f90eb3370521ffff3ce8ce51d9884.image.260x390.jpg. It is just their quality is awful comparing to the same image on the product info page. Thank you!

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    8,843
    Plugin Contributions
    31

    Default Re: Image Handler 4 (for v1.5.x) Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan123 View Post
    I am sorry, I probably was not very clear, I mean product images on category pages. There are managed by IH and come from the cache directory, for example, one of the images path is - bmz_cache/d/d44f90eb3370521ffff3ce8ce51d9884.image.260x390.jpg. It is just their quality is awful comparing to the same image on the product info page. Thank you!
    The quality for those images is set in the VERY SAME PLACE that the image quality is set for the small images.. Image quality is also very much dependent on the quality of the original images to begin with.. Unfortunately none of us can give you anymore information that this without knowing what your image settings are and seeing a link to your site.. Otherwise we are all just guessing..
    My Site
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  3. #173
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Image Handler 4 Support Thread

    Ok - this is odd - I loaded pictures fpr 2 products using IH4 last night. You can go into the admin section and look at the 4 pictures I loaded for each product. However when you go to the site - one product has the multiple images and one product does not? Odd.....esp. since you can see them all in the admin section (IH4).

    Any ideas?

  4. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    8,843
    Plugin Contributions
    31

    Default Re: Image Handler 4 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gacollege View Post
    Ok - this is odd - I loaded pictures fpr 2 products using IH4 last night. You can go into the admin section and look at the 4 pictures I loaded for each product. However when you go to the site - one product has the multiple images and one product does not? Odd.....esp. since you can see them all in the admin section (IH4).

    Any ideas?
    Not without a link to your site or more information.. like say the original image name you used for the product that works and the original image names you used for the product that does not..
    My Site
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  5. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    8,843
    Plugin Contributions
    31

    Default Image Handler 4 Update will be posted this weekend...

    God willing and the creek don't rise..

    I have the updates done, and just need to make some changes to the readme. I've been slammed with work and home stuff so I admit I haven't looked at this in a bit.. But the two MAIN changes have been posted in this support thread so in the meantime you can use these threads to make these changes yourself.

    Fix problem with product status icon in admin:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...04#post1117504

    If you are installing in a language other than English:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...11#post1117911

    The IH4 update will include the following changes:
    • Fix problem with product status icon in admin
    • Accommodate shopowners who are installing in a language other than English
    • Change the naming convention of the auto generated backup files to NOT use the BAK file extension.
      (thanks to Ajeh for being the 1st to bring this to my attention and for providing the information I needed as to why this is an issue for some server configurations)
    My Site
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  6. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Waikato, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,508
    Plugin Contributions
    3

    Default Re: Image Handler 4 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gacollege View Post
    Ok - this is odd - I loaded pictures fpr 2 products using IH4 last night. You can go into the admin section and look at the 4 pictures I loaded for each product. However when you go to the site - one product has the multiple images and one product does not? Odd.....esp. since you can see them all in the admin section (IH4).

    Any ideas?
    1) a Link is a big help, one to the page where you believe the images are showing correctly, and one where they are not showing correctly

    2)
    No it isn't odd at all, it will commonly do this if there is a file type mismatch.

    By Default in Zencart, additional images must be exactly the same type and file extension(case sensitive) as the default image for that product, what this means is

    if you original image is bob.jpg, your additional image must start with bob and end with the .jpg extension
    for instance
    bob.jpg - product images
    bob_1.jpg -will work as additional
    bob_2.JPG - Will not work as additional (as extension is not jpg it is case sensitive)
    bob_3.gif - Will not work as additional (as extension is not jpg)


    Imagehandler will show in admin all images that match a specific files image name.

    And will highlight their extension in RED if their extension doesn't match the default product image for that product

    Uploading images via image handler additional images box.

    You say you uploaded the images using image handler

    lets say the default product image was bill.gif

    and you uploaded jim.GIF via image handlers additional images functionality as an additional image

    Image handler will rename this file to

    bill1.gif

    so the extension matches the default for that product and the image name matches

    However if you upload and image called

    dave.jpg

    Image handler will rename it bill2.jpg (notice it doesn't change the extension because it is a completely different filetype)
    This image will appear in IH admin, but will not appear on the site, because it isn't a gif like the initial image
    Last edited by nigelt74; 24 May 2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Webzings Design
    The last couple of Zen-Cart sites we have worked on, Darncat Designs, Nags to Riches, Magic Brow Bands.

  7. #177
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    31
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Image Handler 4 Support Thread

    Using Image Handler 4 and everything works fine. Except if I change the Featured Product width to any other size other than 100px the "IH small images zoom on hover" stops the working. The hover works fine if I leave the width set to the default value of 100. But, if I change it to any other value the hover stops working.

    Anyone's help will be appreciated.

  8. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    8,843
    Plugin Contributions
    31

    Default Re: Image Handler 4 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by onejimb View Post
    Using Image Handler 4 and everything works fine. Except if I change the Featured Product width to any other size other than 100px the "IH small images zoom on hover" stops the working. The hover works fine if I leave the width set to the default value of 100. But, if I change it to any other value the hover stops working.

    Anyone's help will be appreciated.
    Because (as stated clearly in the readme) ALL the product listings need to use the SAME settings in order for the image hover to work.. Please go back to the readme and review the section which discusses HOW to get the image hover to work..
    My Site
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  9. #179
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Image Handler 4 Support Thread

    ok - I think I cleared up my issue from before - thanks everyone! I have a question that I think will help unravel my issues and understand the relationship between IH4 and FTP (filezilla)

    Ok - so I FTP my pics using filezilla to the new directory I created.... /images/Products/Isbar

    Then when using IH4 -

    I choose the /Products directory........

    I choose my default image as blueisbarroo.jpg from my computer hard drive.......

    I do not put anything in for my medium image file and large image file.......

    This gives me my image in my product category ....... and then when customers click on the product they get the (medium) image... then when they mouse over they get the (larger) image.

    Where I am getting hung up is .... if my image is on the FTP - then why am I selecting from my hard drive the image? I assume since IH is doing the resizing as it goes to the site - there is no reason to have _med _lrg files on my ftp or hard drive?

    When I go to my ftp files - I only see my original blueisbarroo and nothing else.

    Then I wanted more files to show in the product description - so I add them as the default image and IH shows me all 3 sizes... Once again I do not put anything in as the medium image file and large image file.......

    I know these may seem like simple and detailed questions.... keep in mind I am an accountant by trade and sometimes I read too deep into things.

    http://www.jordan-farm.com/index.php...products_id=41

    I getting hung up on the relationship between IH 4 and FTP I believe.

    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND REMEMBER OUR FALLEN MEN AND WOMEN!

    Richard

  10. #180

    Default Re: Image Handler 4 Support Thread

    Hi Richard,

    FTP is a program that allows you to:
    1) Look at files on your hard drive and your server at the same time (hard drive files on the left, server files on the right)
    2) Transfer files between the hard drive and the server...i.e. upload and download (upload=copy files from hard drive and paste them to the server, download=copy files from the server and paste them to your hard drive)
    3) Change file permissions for the files on your server
    4) Edit files (This is NOT recommended as it adds a bunch of white space between lines of code - best to use an editing program like Notepad++)
    5) Delete files from either the server or your hard drive (although I find it best to do this directly from the hard drive or the server)
    6) Rename files on either your hard drive or your server (although I find it best to do this directly from the hard drive or the server)

    In short, FTP is merely a TOOL or an INTERFACE between your hard drive and your server. It does not store files like your hard drive and server do.

    So to answer your question, there is no real relationship between IH and FTP. FTP merely allows you the opportunity to upload image files to your server, which IH will then manage for you. While this is an option, it is absolutely unnecessary to use FTP to upload your product image files unless you WANT to, because IH has a built in image file uploader. You can upload your primary product image, as well as your additional product images through the IH interface (as you have done). IH will manage those images whether you upload via FTP or via the IH interface.

    Having said that...it is MUCH easier to upload image files through the IH interface, because IH will take care of making sure they are all properly named and filed so long as you use it correctly. IH cuts out the ftp middle man, the file naming middle man, the large and medium suffix middle man and pretty much all middle men. IH does ALL the work for you! It's awesome!

    Hope that helps :)



    Quote Originally Posted by gacollege View Post
    ok - I think I cleared up my issue from before - thanks everyone! I have a question that I think will help unravel my issues and understand the relationship between IH4 and FTP (filezilla)

    Ok - so I FTP my pics using filezilla to the new directory I created.... /images/Products/Isbar

    Then when using IH4 -

    I choose the /Products directory........

    I choose my default image as blueisbarroo.jpg from my computer hard drive.......

    I do not put anything in for my medium image file and large image file.......

    This gives me my image in my product category ....... and then when customers click on the product they get the (medium) image... then when they mouse over they get the (larger) image.

    Where I am getting hung up is .... if my image is on the FTP - then why am I selecting from my hard drive the image? I assume since IH is doing the resizing as it goes to the site - there is no reason to have _med _lrg files on my ftp or hard drive?

    When I go to my ftp files - I only see my original blueisbarroo and nothing else.

    Then I wanted more files to show in the product description - so I add them as the default image and IH shows me all 3 sizes... Once again I do not put anything in as the medium image file and large image file.......

    I know these may seem like simple and detailed questions.... keep in mind I am an accountant by trade and sometimes I read too deep into things.

    http://www.jordan-farm.com/index.php...products_id=41

    I getting hung up on the relationship between IH 4 and FTP I believe.

    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND REMEMBER OUR FALLEN MEN AND WOMEN!

    Richard
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

    Empowerment Sanctuary

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Image Titles Support Thread
    By gjh42 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 9 Sep 2014, 04:51 AM
  2. v139h Image Handler 3 Support Thread (for ZC v1.3.9)
    By DivaVocals in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 1084
    Last Post: 25 Jul 2014, 02:59 AM
  3. AJAX IMAGE Swapper support thread
    By jaycode in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 784
    Last Post: 28 Mar 2014, 10:23 PM
  4. v138a Image Handler 2 (for ZC v1.3.8 ONLY) Support
    By timkroeger in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 7094
    Last Post: 23 Feb 2014, 12:01 AM
  5. Image Handler Support Please
    By nadinesky in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30 Sep 2013, 03:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •