Plugin Contributions

Default Add to Cart not on all items

When my products are listed either as all products or by category, the add to cart box shows up for some of the items and the words "more info" for other items.

Firstly they are "ALL" the same type (Products-General) and the Add to cart in enabled.

The "add selected items to cart" button shows up as well as long as at least one item has the add to cart box and each individual item when displayed has the add to cart box.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by dewragdave; 8 Apr 2012 at 09:17 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add to Cart not on all items

The "more info" text will always show when there are attributes assigned to any product. Otherwise how is ZenCart to know what attribute is to be included with the purchase? If you remove the attributes from the product then the text "more info" will change to an "add to cart" button.

The "add selected items to cart" button shows up as well as long as at least one item has the add to cart box and each individual item when displayed has the add to cart box.
    Sorry I do not fully understand what you mean here.

Do you mean how do you remove the "add selected items to cart" button from the product pages? If so this is done through the admin control panel at:

Admin --> Configuration --> Product Listing --> Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product)

Change to 0 for the button not to display or use option 2 which sets it to on but includes the Qty Box per Product.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add to Cart not on all items

Quote Originally Posted by CybaGirl View Post
    The "more info" text will always show when there are attributes assigned to any product. Otherwise how is ZenCart to know what attribute is to be included with the purchase? If you remove the attributes from the product then the text "more info" will change to an "add to cart" button.

Sorry I do not fully understand what you mean here.

Do you mean how do you remove the "add selected items to cart" button from the product pages? If so this is done through the admin control panel at:

Admin --> Configuration --> Product Listing --> Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product)

Change to 0 for the button not to display or use option 2 which sets it to on but includes the Qty Box per Product.
    DOH! I swear I checked everything but didn't even consider the attributes. I was concentrating so hard on the differences in the products I didn't look any further. That would make a great add-on - put the attribute selection box right next to the add box!!! hmmmmmm! Maybe someone already wrote one.

The section you didn't quite understand was just me probably over adding to the info I was observing. I actually want to have the add box in as many places as possible to shorten the steps a customer has to take to order items.

Thank you.