Plugin Contributions

Default How do I add more fields to registration and checkout screens?

Good day all... i'm having several issues in developing a site for my manager and I was hoping i could turn to you all for some help or at least point me in the right direction.

1) Under the shopping cart I am trying to add a text boxes for a signed in customer that would save 3 pieces of information in the form of text boxes. So the customer could sign out and sign back in and have that information saved still.

2) I need to add custom fields to the registration page that will give me information for a credit check of the customer. This information needs to get saved so it can be viewed at a later time... mysql?

3) I'm having errors with secure and unsecured data being mixed on several pages. I'm trying to work out where these issues are coming from... my guess is unsecured links within secured pages??

---the site is 4g-ecw.com if anyone would like to view it and perhaps lend a hand or point me in the direction of some decent material to read.

---On a side not i am not a coding expert in any stretch of the imagination but i do have some mysql, php, and html experience

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I add more fields to registration and checkout screens?

Hi,

First of all you need to be php/mysql coder to solve your issues :)
    I can give you some hints to find the places you can start

1. To add text boxes in shopping cart page, check the file includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php
    To save the info for later use, you need to add fields in database.
    As you need it on cart, you may check on how customer baskets are saved. Check includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

2. For new fields, again, you need to add fields in database (customers table as far I can understand)
    To add the new html fields check includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl_create_account_default.php
    To save the new fields in database check includes/modules/create_account.php

3. For secured/unsecured problem, you better use relative path for media/images. To check which links are causing problem use firefox to open the page.
    Right click on the page and click "View page info". In the popup select the "Media" tab and see if there are links that are not secured.

Hope this helps.
    Imranul Hoque
    Director @ codeTrio
    www.imranulhoque.com

Plugin Contributions

imranulh thank you for the tips any leads are good at this point. I am going to start reviewing the .php see what tables it is pointing to, etc.

as for the secured and unsecured data i knew you could check the source with firefox but i was unaware you could focus it on the media within the page. Thanks for the tip!

Plugin Contributions

Well i fixed issue 3. It was not the images rather the template i was using was calling on a non secure java script in the html_header.

'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.5.3/jquery-ui.min.js'

Changed it to https??? seems to work. Testing the site to make sure nothing was broken with the change.