Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Login problem after Netfirms added SSL to my site

Hi Everyone

I have a problem logging into my admin panel. I am fairly new to the whole shopping cart system and am limited when it comes to PHP.

There have been some changes made to my account on the server side related to my SSL certificate. Essentially taken out of a sub domain.

I have changed the admin configuration files accordingly, at least from what I can read I have.

Everything is working properly except when I try to Log into the Admin area, nothing happens, clears my credentials and remains on the Login Screen.

I have cleared cache and cookies, I have looked over the files and I am at a total loss as to why this is happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login

Post the contents of your /admin/includes/configure.php file.
    Remove the database username/password before posting.
    Please don't change anything else. If you wish to hide your admin folder-name, please carefully replace it with "myadmin", but don't change ANYTHING else. Do as little tampering as possible if you want the most helpful response.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

** removed by moderator, for privacy **

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You're hosted with NetFirms?
    We've seen lots of reports of session/login problems on stores hosted with NetFirms since NetFirms sold out their hosting to TuCows. Everything went to crap.

To work on your host, you may have to skip using SSL, by changing the https:// back to http:// in the HTTP_SERVER definition, and set your ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN to 'false'

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I tried setting "ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN to 'false'" and it didn't make a difference. Its almost like its looping back to the login page, rather then authenticating the credentials and moving onto the control panel.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If your HTTP_SERVER setting contains an https address, then it's still trying to use SSL ... which may be where your server's problem is.

Yes, it will loop back to the login page if it can't start a session, and that's based on whether it can set a session cookie, which is a function of your browser in combination with how your webserver is configured to give appropriate information to the browser.

When Netfirms made their change back in the fall, all kinds of chaos happened, mostly with the same symptoms as you're reporting.
    Last edited by DrByte; 9 Apr 2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: SSL note

Plugin Contributions

So really this is an issue related to Netfirms servers and not something with my files or something I have done.

I have been dealing with one person in particular and they have been really good about looking at it.

I really appreciate the info, just trying to narrow things down to where the issue really is.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, I suspect it's entirely related to misconfigured SSL on the server.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login problem after Netfirms added SSL to my site

Just thought I would mention, I talked to the Support people at Netfirms and they fixed things up right away.

So if anyone is having this issue, I wouldn't hesitate to contact the Support Team. Might take a couple hours, but they fixed my problem and all good to go again

thanks again for the information

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login problem after Netfirms added SSL to my site

Glad your host was able to fix the configuration problem they had on your site.