Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Why the heck does my dad see the site so differently??

After trying over the phone to walk my dad through a test order on the website I'm building for his business, I realized he must be seeing something very different from what I was seeing. I got him to send me some screenshots (though two are missing--he says he will send them soon, and I'll add them the the page I made). I made a page of side-by-side screenshots of what I see and what he sees:
    http://huckproducts.net/screenshots.html

What I see is the same in Chrome, Firefox, and IE on my computer (Windows Vista), my work computer (Windows 7) and my son's computer (Vista)... My dad is using IE, but we checked and it's the same verson with the same settings that I have. I'm still waiting to hear back what version of Windows he is running. Anyway, what it looks like to me is that his browser just isn't displaying the stylesheet *at all*... don't you think that's what it looks like? What would cause that? Does anyone know what is going on? How likely is it that other people are seeing the same craptacular looking pages that he's seeing? Is this a major IE thing?

He tried opening it in Chrome, but he was on a different computer at the time, and he saw what I see... I need to find out from him if A) his first computer shows it correctly in Chrome and B) his second computer shows it messed up in IE... I will post when he answers those questions. Anyway, take a look at the screenshots and see if you have any ideas, pleeeeease?

Also, on the page where he's entering his shipping/billing addresses there is an extra field between State/Province and Post/Zip Code that isn't labeled--what the heck is that? And why is the phone number text box so tiny for Shipping address? (Important note: FEAC is installed.)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why the heck does my dad see the site so differently??

Your stylesheet is not loading
    You are using a non standard way of listing it on one line separated by commas instead of one file per line.

Not sure why the first couple load and rest don't?
    Maybe the line is too long or maybe its the "&1333409851" thats at the end of the line.?

Plugin Contributions

I'm also seeing an almost stylefree site. Firefox (latest version for Mac OS X v10.6.8)

I too expect the problem is that non-standard listing of stylesheets. Where did that come from?

Rob

Plugin Contributions

That came from the CSS JS Loader thing that FEAC requires you to install before you install FEAC. I think it's annoying as hell the way it calls the stylesheets. Maybe I'll hand-code them into the header the regular way and that will fix it. I wish there was a way to tell that Loader thing what to apply to and what not to apply to via configuration in the Admin area...

I had totally forgotten that it was there, doing that. If I had remembered that it was there it would probably have been the first thing I thought of, too! Thanks for pointing it out. Let me go hand code in the stylesheets the RIGHT way and then you can tell me if it's fixed for you? Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I re-added the section from html_header.php that loads the css and js stuff... can you (you=people who saw it without stylesheets) look again and see if it's working now?
    Last edited by WebKat; 13 Apr 2012 at 04:48 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by WebKat View Post
    Ok I re-added the section from html_header.php that loads the css and js stuff... can you (you=people who saw it without stylesheets) look again and see if it's working now?
    Works fine in ff 11.0 and ie8
    Doesn't work in ie6