Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site moving issues - Please help!

Site and the database is up. Though now I'm having issues logging into the admin folder which I renamed. Changed the name in the three locations in the configure.php file AND I changed the name of the folder and am getting an error. After going to the login php and entering my username and password it goes to a different url (old url):

Not Found

The requested URL /blahblahblah/login.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8m DAV/2 etc etc

I changed permissions, edit the configure file, deleted the old and uploaded the new and then changed permissions again.

I did this once but was getting a invalid login message so I did it again and changed the file as needed to a different name. Think I'm confusing the server... is it a propogation issue? Cleared browser history and cookies, still same issue.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

404-not-found means the URL you specified is pointing to a file that doesn't exist ... which usually means that although you edited the file and thought you uploaded it, the upload failed because the file was read-only and thus couldn't be saved ... and so it's still pointing to the old paths.
    I know you said you looked at that, but that's really the issue.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've done this like a dozen times. Sigh.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by In2Deep View Post

I changed permissions, edit the configure file, deleted the old and uploaded the new and then changed permissions again.

What did you use to do this?
    If you used an ftp program then it won't change the permissions. It just appears that it has in the ftp program.
    This caught me many times early on.

You need to use cpanel to change the permissions.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, so since you say you're following the instructions exactly, we can no longer help you by talking in generalities and concepts. We'll need specifics.
    What is your new admin foldername?
    What's your domain name?
    What's the content of your /renamed-admin/includes/configure.php file (without the database username/password)?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

If you keep making the same mistake, it matters not how mny times you do it.

MOST of the issues people face are because of a poor understanding of webmaster principles, and this is not a forum for training in that regard.

The simple truth is that if you follow the procedures spelled out, then things will work. We do several site moves every month, and quite a few new installs.

We don't experience problems because:

1. We have a good grasp of the basics of webmastership.
    2. We follow procedures.

Your problems are not a result of things that zencart are doing wrong, or faults in zencart. The area that is the problem is your understanding of webmastering.

Now this is NOT a criticism, just an observation. Unfortunately, (and it makes no difference whether you are using zencart, OsComemrce, Prestashop, OpenCart: etc.) you will need to learn how a website and web system must be managed.)

What DOES help (and considerably so), is being with a GOOD HOST, who knows zencart and who has configured their servers to operate 100% efficient for eCommerce systems.

If you had such a host, they would probably do FOR YOU, what you are trying to do, for a modest fee... instead of which, you have had days of costly down-time.

Put a value to your time - let's say £20 / hour (which is cheap), now add up all the hours and see what this is really costing you.

Don't forget to add the lost opportunity costs of no sales.

Plugin Contributions

I've done this through the cpanel, which was tries 2-7 or so... no matter what I do I'm missing something.

I've done a ton of shopping carts, though this is my first experience with Zen Cart.

Frustrating but I'll try again, before I call the hosting company. They do free installs and provide assistance with 1.5 but this is a 1.3.9 so they a bit touchy about it.

Plugin Contributions

It got moved to another thread, but try this:

Find your store configure.php (url/catalog/includes/config.php) in CPANEL. Click the permissions and type 544 ( not a legal number I think).

See if you can get the store to work that way. I just this weekend experienced this using directnic as a provider.

Plugin Contributions

I tried this again this morning and used notepad to edit the file instead of using notepad++ and stopped getting the error screen. Go figure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12