Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Blank Sidebox Blank Page after adding code for livechat software

Hey everyone,

i have been trying to figure this out for hour or more and still cant get it... I am trying to add live chat to my zen cart store. I have found that volusion has free chat software that installs quite easily with only a simple copy and paste of code. My problem is when I try to copy and paste that code into the /public_html/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/CUSTOM/blank_sidebox_defines.php file the whole site goes to blank white screen. The code is below

I have successfully added the code the the main page through the admin define pages editor and the code works as it should. But I would much rather have it in sidebox.

I have also by searching the forums found that it may have something to do with the single ' but I dont know anything about it. I do notice that the code that they supply me has " instead of ' but once I paste it here or into notepad they turn into single '. I hope I havnt confused anyone as bad as I am. But I have tried supplying all the information I have came up with about this situation. let me know if you got any suggestions.

<!-- Begin Volusion Live Chat -->
    <div align='center' id='VolusionLiveChat'><a href='http://www.volusion.com'>Ecommerce</a></div>
    <script defer type='text/javascript' src='https://livechat.volusion.com/script.aspx?id=996885'></script>
    <!-- End Volusion Live Chat -->

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Sidebox Blank Page after adding code for livechat software

Inserting stuff like that into a define will always cause problems. Try inserting your code in the proper section of tpl_blank_sidebox_php.

Plugin Contributions

Line breaks can cause problems in a Define, as Steve says.

Try running it all onto ONE line:

PHP Code:
    <!-- Begin Volusion Live Chat --><div align='center' id='VolusionLiveChat'><a href='http://www.volusion.com'>Ecommerce</a></div><script defer type='text/javascript' src='https://livechat.volusion.com/script.aspx?id=996885'></script><!-- End Volusion Live Chat --> 
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I tried posting the single line code into the tpl_blank_sidebox_php and it makes all the right sideboxes disapear. This is the same as happened when I tried using the original code also.

I also tried adding the code to the blank_sidebox_defines.php and it give me entire white page and thats it.

The only other thing i have found is it may have something to do with using javascript in the sidebox. There seems to be a few threads about javascript errors in sidebox but I am not knowledgeable at any type if coding at all.

I hope to get this figured out as I haven't found any free live chat addons for zen cart.

Plugin Contributions

I know my solution works (we use this appropach for SSL sideboxes), so you are making some other error.

What PROGRAM are you using to edit your PHP files?
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

You might search the Free Software Add Ons for chat.