Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Updating Mod for 150 - Little Problem

Hi There,

I'm attempting to update the Recently Viewed Items mod to be compatible with ZC150.

However, after install, the product images showing in the sidebox are full sized images, instead of smaller thumbs, even though the code in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/sideboxes/tpl_recent_products.php calls a smaller image:

PHP Code:
     $content .= '<a href="' zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($recent_products->fields["products_id"]), 'products_id=' $recent_products->fields["products_id"]) . '">' .  zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES $recent_products->fields['products_image'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTHSMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br />' $recent_products->fields['products_name'] . '<br />' 
    You can see the issue in my test store. Just view a couple products and you'll see the issue straight away.

This mod worked just fine for me in ZC139. All I did to update it to 150 was copy the mod's code from old outdated ZC files (dating back to 1.3.8) into their new 150 counterparts....but obviously I've still messed up somewhere.

Suggestions?
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Updating Mod for 150 - Little Problem

I'm not familiar with the mod, but when looking at the source of the recently viewed, did you notice that the alt and title tags were both "80", it seems almost as though the code you have above is missing the alt and title variables, isn't there supposed to be either a null or the product title passed through eg

zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $recent_products->fields['products_image'], 'title or empty', SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT)

Do you have your working copy available for us to play with?

Quote Originally Posted by ScriptJunkie View Post
    Hi There,

I'm attempting to update the Recently Viewed Items mod to be compatible with ZC150.

However, after install, the product images showing in the sidebox are full sized images, instead of smaller thumbs, even though the code in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/sideboxes/tpl_recent_products.php calls a smaller image:

PHP Code:
     $content .= '<a href="' zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($recent_products->fields["products_id"]), 'products_id=' $recent_products->fields["products_id"]) . '">' .  zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES $recent_products->fields['products_image'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTHSMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br />' $recent_products->fields['products_name'] . '<br />' 
    You can see the issue in my test store. Just view a couple products and you'll see the issue straight away.

This mod worked just fine for me in ZC139. All I did to update it to 150 was copy the mod's code from old outdated ZC files (dating back to 1.3.8) into their new 150 counterparts....but obviously I've still messed up somewhere.

Suggestions?
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by nigelt74 View Post
    I'm not familiar with the mod, but when looking at the source of the recently viewed, did you notice that the alt and title tags were both "80", it seems almost as though the code you have above is missing the alt and title variables, isn't there supposed to be either a null or the product title passed through eg

zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $recent_products->fields['products_image'], 'title or empty', SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT)

Do you have your working copy available for us to play with?
    Yes, I noticed that too (the 80 showing up as the title and alt tags). I think that's very weird...AND it happens to be the image dimensions I have set in config>images for my small image size. I haven't been able to locate that bit of code in order to edit it or try and understand which other bit of code may be generating it. (no luck with developer's toolkit).

I'm attaching the zip file so anyone who's interested can take a look at it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to the thread and peek at the code. I know how busy you are
    Attached Files Attached Files

Empowerment Sanctuary

And here's the text from the error log that's being generated:

Code:
    [31-Mar-2012 22:09:27]
    PHP Warning:  include(includes/modules/FILENAME_RECENT_PRODUCTS_MODULE.php) [<a 
    href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in 
    /xxx/xxx/public_html/2testzc/includes/templates/atestcustom/templates/tpl_modules_recent_products.php 
    on line 12

PHP Warning:  include(includes/modules/FILENAME_RECENT_PRODUCTS_MODULE.php) [<a 
    href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in 
    /xxx/xxx/public_html/2testzc/includes/templates/atestcustom/templates/tpl_modules_recent_products.php 
    on line 12

PHP Warning:  include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 
    'includes/modules/FILENAME_RECENT_PRODUCTS_MODULE.php' for inclusion 
    (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in 
    /xxx/xxx/public_html/2testzc/includes/templates/atestcustom/templates/tpl_modules_recent_products.php on line 12

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Umm that seems to be working fine on my test site, working exactly as it should the images in the sidebox are exactly the size they should be.

And there don't appear to be any errors being generated at all
    Webzings Design

Umm that seems to be working fine on my test site, working exactly as it should the images in the sidebox are exactly the size they should be.

And there don't appear to be any errors being generated at all
    Hmmm....I don't understand that because I just took a look again in FF, IE, Chrome, and Opera. Got the same results each time (huge blown up images in the recently viewed sidebox) in all browsers and four new error logs in the cache.

I'm going to try reinstalling and see what happens.

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, i am currently updating an old test shop thats online from 1.39 to 1.5 to double check it.

It worked beautifully on my local server, however Image handler was installed, although i tested it with IH4 turned on and turned off, i just want to eliminate that having an effect.

----------------- Edit

I didn't install the optional file, i might just try that and see f it has an effect
    Last edited by nigelt74; 2 Apr 2012 at 03:58 AM.
    Webzings Design

Yeah, i am currently updating an old test shop thats online from 1.39 to 1.5 to double check it.

It worked beautifully on my local server, however Image handler was installed, although i tested it with IH4 turned on and turned off, i just want to eliminate that having an effect.

----------------- Edit

I didn't install the optional file, i might just try that and see f it has an effect
    Did a complete uninstall (including db files) and then a reinstall. Same results (huge image file, same error log in cache).

I also tried both with and without the optional file, no change in results.

Also though about IH's influence, as did you...but ruled out that IH "makes" it work because I recall having this mod installed on both a 138 and a 139 (updated from 138) installation long before I discovered and installed IH.

The difference between this 150 install and my 139 install (besides the ZC version difference)...is that the 150 is a fresh vanilla install whereas the 139 is an update of a 138.

Empowerment Sanctuary

I took a look at the pre-updated fileset for this mod and compared it against the old original I had tucked away in my 138 mod files.

Turns out the reason the mod worked on my 138 and 139 store is because it's a completely different mod.

The mod I had installed on my old stores is "Recently Viewed Sidebox" and the mod I downloaded to update to ZC150 is "Recently Viewed Items".

Further, "Recently Viewed Sidebox is SO old that it's not even available in the download section anymore - it doesn't even have a readme or comments in the files so I have no clue who wrote it. From the comments, I can see that whoever wrote it based it on the Best Sellers Sidebox mod...but other than that, it's a mystery.

Anyway...before either of us spend anymore time trying to solve the "Recently Viewed Item" mod...I'm going to give the "Recently Viewed Sidebox" mod a whirl on the 150 installation, even though it's really old, and see what happens.

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Ok it failed miserably on my second test shop

SO
    Try this, it works for me

zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $recent_products->fields['products_image'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT)
    becomes

zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $recent_products->fields['products_image'], $recent_products->fields['products_name'],SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT)
    The solution in my first post regarding a null field also works, but this one is reader friendly by filling the alt and title tags
    Webzings Design

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast