Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moving site from sub directory errors

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow_pixie_star View Post
    that was a typo!

What happened was I moved all the files to another directory to check that I had them in the right place. I have moved them all back and it started doing this. I have checked that all the files are in the correct place too! And have not renamed any of my admin stuff
    Sorry, but you really aren't doing much to help. It is all very well telling us what you have done, but very little of it has been *useful* information.

What other 'typos' have you made? How are WE supposed to know the difference?

Also, What does "I moved all the files to another directory to check that I had them in the right place" actually mean? How can moving them into from one folder to another prove that they were in the right place, unless of course it was all working ok and the moving caused things to break, then I guess it would be safe to assume they *were* in the right place to begin with (so why move them?)
    If they were in the *wrong* place to begin with and you moved them to another wrong place then logically you can expect it would still be broken, so you wouldn't really have proven anything.

And have not renamed any of my admin stuff
    But, but, but...... Zencart V1.5.0 *forces* the admin folder to be renamed as part of its installation process, so perhaps you've forgotten about that and you are still trying to access the files from the /admin/ folder even though it has been renamed.

I shall repeat the two questions that I previously asked. Perhaps if you actually answer them we may be able to move forward onto the next step of diagnosing your problem(s).

1. Did you re-upload to the folder called 'admin' or the renamed admin?

2. What is the error message you are getting?

Please *avoid* telling us about all the things that are correct (or that you think are correct) because it really doesn't help. If everything was correct you wouldn't have a problem and you wouldn't be seeking help. It isn't as though we don't *believe* what you say, but again, if you've done everything 'right' there wouldn't be a problem, so you must at least consider the possibility that you've made a mistake somewhere, and somehow or other we need to extract this information from you.

Does that make sense?

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Tried that and it didnt work.
    However, I have just realised I wasn't in the root I was in...
    ftp://[email protected]/public_html/

I tried moving it all to the very root of
    ftp://[email protected]/ and it didn't like that either

I know I will be something completely stupid that I haven't realised I have done!
    The "root" of your domain, i.e. the files that the public are seeing, are in /public_html/. If you put the below code in a new text file and name it index.html, you can try to move it around to different subfolders and such to understand how the folder structure works

Code:
    <html>
      <head>
      </head>
      <body>
        <h1>This is index</h1>
      </body>
    </html>
    With no redirects, no nothing, going to http://yourdomain.com will take you to what you're normally seeing as /public_html/index.html in your ftp software.

Plugin Contributions

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/public_html');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/public_html');
    It looks like you are missing the trailing slash on the DIR_WS_CATALOG and DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG variables. Give that a shot and let us know. Good luck!

Boomer

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by boomer196 View Post
    It looks like you are missing the trailing slash on the DIR_WS_CATALOG and DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG variables. Give that a shot and let us know. Good luck!

Boomer
    Er... no...

If the ROOT is public_html

Then:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
    19 years a Zencart User

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123