Hi, Iv been rackin my head for a while,

Its a bit difficult explaining the problem, I need to know how to separate the divs so I can set a separate width setting of 100% for the footer only,

in the tpl_main_page.php I moved the header and footer out of the mainwrapper div but for some reason the footer inherits any set width I put in the stylesheet except the 100%, for example if I place size 1024px for the content wrapper the footer and header stays at 100% but if I set the header to 1024px the footer changes to 1024px too, if I then set a set size for the footer too like 1200px it works but the footer wont set to 100% no matter what I do.

I then tried setting a custom div for the footer in the tpl footer php file and checked in firefox firebug and it was inheriting the style background color etc from the new div but still inheriting the size from the header

the sites currently down I messed up the installation trying to get this to work so Im going to reinstall but would appreciate any advise as to why im unable to get the footer to set to 100% when the header has a width set.

Really appreciate some advice.

Thanks