Database: MySQL 5.0.91-log
    HTTP Server: Apache/2
    PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    PHP Memory Limit: 128M PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On
    Max Size: 10M POST Max Size: 8M
    Database Data Size: 2,641 kB
    Database Index Size: 1,005 kB

Admin and cart seem fine, can logon the select items. At checkout (index.php?main_page=shopping_cart) clicking the "Checkout" button takes me to index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping and a blank screen with a "0" in the upper LH corner.

The config Admin and Cart files were checked and they seem to be pointing to the correct database. There is no problem with the Admin side of the store, can see all the data etc.

The error logs report the follow;
    Failed loading /usr/local/lib/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: /usr/local/lib/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: undefined symbol: zend_unmangle_property_name_ex

20110302T235213: **/index.php
    Failed loading /usr/local/lib/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: /usr/local/lib/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: undefined symbol: zend_unmangle_property_name_ex

20110302T235752: **/index.php

What should I be looking for?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: blank screen with a "0" in the upper LH corner

I checked the error log in cache and found this error;
    PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_FUNCTION in ***/includes/classes/order.php on line 1051

Checking line 1051 I found the following;

1049 $this->notify('NOTIFY_ORDER_AFTER_SEND_ORDER_EMAIL', array($zf_insert_id, $email_order, $extra_info, $html_msg));
    1050 }
    1052}

Is this correct?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cjcraven View Post

What should I be looking for?
    You'll need to contact your webhost. This is basically a server issue. Zencart doesn't use ioncube.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I checked the error log in cache and found this error;
    PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_FUNCTION in ***/includes/classes/order.php on line 1051
    This is a different error than the previous one. Offhand I can't see any connection or relationship between the two error, but before investigating this one any further I suggest you get your host to resolve the other.

If the issues *are* related in any way it seems that your webserver may be suffering a disk failure, or something equally catastrophic.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I think their server is okay and I'm not sure if there is any relationship to the scrip errors - they were found in the logs so I posted them. With WinMerge I went through the files and made sure the existing and backup matched - there were some mistakes but corrected them. I'm not an expert but the files seem okay. From here I will go through the files on the server and the orginals to see if I can find anything odd. I assume it is a scripting error in the shop since the admin side works and the database seems intact. To add insult to the problem the provider said they want $75/hour to troubleshoot.

Plugin Contributions

I think their server is okay
    And I *know* it isn't (or wasn't, when the ioncube errors were present).

With WinMerge I went through the files and made sure the existing and backup matched - there were some mistakes but corrected them.
    This in itself is cause for concern, but it will have nothing to do with the ironcube errors.

I'm not an expert
    Yet you still have the confidence to state "I don't think it is their server" in spite of the fact that someone (me) with 30+ years computing experience, more certifications than I care to mention and over 5 years working with Zencart states, without hesitation or doubt that it is a Server issue?

If I didn't know any better I'd think that you don't actually want to fix your problem.

but the files seem okay. From here I will go through the files on the server and the orginals to see if I can find anything odd.
    You could do this, and you could very well find that every single file is 'perfect' in every possible way, but I will guarantee that the ironcube errors will still persist. Why? Because this error has *nothing* to do with zencart, or any other software that *you* have any control over.

I assume it is a scripting error in the shop since the admin side works and the database seems intact.
    The *second* error you are reporting, namely,
    PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_FUNCTION in ***/includes/classes/order.php on line 1051,
    *IS* an error in one of your scripts. I don't doubt this any more than I doubt the ironcube error is a server issue

To add insult to the problem the provider said they want $75/hour to troubleshoot.
    If you wish them to troubleshoot the Zencart PHP script error then this is quite reasonable. It isn't their problem.

On the other hand, the FIRST error you reported, namely,

Failed loading /usr/local/lib/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: /usr/local/lib/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: undefined symbol: zend_unmangle_property_name_ex,

Is a server error that YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER.
    you don't even have access to anything in the /usr/ folder or the folders below it. Only your host can fix this problem, and they should do so, without charge.

Now, having said that with 100% confidence, I'm going to throw a small spanner in the works. Ironcube is a technology used to encrypt PHP files so that they cannot be viewed or edited. It is used by some developers of commercial software to protect their code. In order for it to work, the server needs some ironcube software to be installed on the server to 'decode' the encrypted PHP files, and in your case it obviously isn't installed, or isn't installed correctly. If you ask you host nicely they *may* be willing to install it for you, BUT, (and this is a very big but) Zencart itself DOES NOT USE IRONCUBE so it *shouldn't* be needed in the first place.

What this means is that you have probably installed, or tried to install some kind of commercial add-on that *does* use ironcube, and this in turn is requesting the server to decode the file(s), which it is unable to do. On THIS basis you probably CAN solve the problem yourself by identifying and removing these files from your installation. On the other hand, if you DON'T have any ironcubed add-ons, and you are STILL seeing the ironcube entries in your error logs, it means that the server itself has been mis-configured, so once again you'll need to contact your host for a resolution.

Hopefully you are following all this?

If not, it would be great if you could let us know where I've lost you, and perhaps someone else will be able to explain it to you in a slightly different, or simpler way.

Cheers
    Rod