Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Quantity Left For Individual Item

I have a Zen Cart which is about 5 years old and all of my products (I have hundreds of them) have been listed without any tally of how many are left in stock. Is there some way to add that on to an individual product?

For instance, if I have a limited quantity of one product and I want to show my customers how many I have left, and I want that quantity to update automatically when someone buys one, how can I do that? Or can I do that?

I am running Zen Cart version v 1.3.9h

Thank you for any advice you can give me.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quantity Left For Individual Item

In the product setup page, there is a Quantity field you can use to specify how many you have in stock. If your settings in Admin - Configuration - Stock are correct, stock will decrease with purchases.

Plugin Contributions

I went to the admin---config---stock area and I changed "check stock level" to true, and changed "subtract stock" to true. I also changed "show sold out image in cart" to true BUT that caused all of the rest of my listings to show as sold out so I had to change it back.

I created a Test product and I set "tax class" to None (this just being a test, all of the other products do have a tax class), "Products quantity box shows" to yes, Min quantity=1, Max quantity=0, Quantity units=1 (I take it that is each), Product Qty Min/Unit Mix=yes, put in the Product Quantity as 3 (to pretend that there were 3 units in stock). Then I gave it a model number and weight.

I see that I do have an inventory number in my admin area, but I don't see one appearing to the customer in the shopping cart which is where I need it to be. Can it appear in the cart for one product and not others? I don't need every product to show what's in inventory, just one particular one.

Thanks.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

Ahhhh, the magic words are "Stock Level Indicator". Add on. Now to find one and learn how to install it.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

The Stock Level Indicator mod that's available just puts a traffic light type image (red, yellow, green) on the product listing, not in the cart.

There's no mod I'm aware of that will place 'stock remaining' information in the shopping cart, which is what you said you wanted.

Plugin Contributions

OK, thanks. I think that this would do. I have some products which are very limited and I want to give my clients a heads up as to whether there are any left or not. If they could see the "traffic light" then that would be fine. Of course, letting them know exactly how many are left would be ideal but we don't live in an ideal world.

I am just looking for something which would keep me from having to tell them every time they ask (which is frequently) "are there any left?"

I think I found something which does that but if you know of a specific add on, please tell me. I am thinking that Stock Icon by Glenn H would do nicely. I am having a few questions about how to put it on correctly though.
    The Zen of cat.