Thread: Email Issues

Plugin Contributions

Default Email Issues

Hello,
    I want to edit the confirmation email that is automatically sent out. I have searched and searched and I guess I just don't understand the zencart email write-up, or the helpful replies I've read on the issue. I have 2 issues.

1). After searching around I found that it looks like the email my store is sending out is not the "email_template_checkout.html" or maybe it is and I'm an idiot. The email mine is sending out is just plain text, no logo image or table layout. I found a thread where the author posted a pic his email, and mine looks nothing like his. Here is a link to his.

And here is what mine looks like.

It's fine that it doesn't look like that, I actually like the plain text, but it made me curious since the "email_template_checkout.html" has the logo in the code, and it looks like that template also lays out the data in html tables.

Issue 2). I want to edit out some of the info. My store will not be using prices, and I want those fields to go away on the email. I played around in the order.php file, but I couldn't get it to work. I'm thinking that maybe if problem #1 is fixed and that template is used, then I can edit that template as I see fit. The Pink is what I want gone BTW.

Thanks
    Justin

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Issues

Your store will only send the HTML email if you have it set to do that, and the customer has selected HTML as his email option.

It's been a while since I created the No Prices template, but it looks like I deleted lines 907 and 908 (the second and third lines after // build output for email notification and 920 (begins with '$currencies') in includes/classes/order.php. Your line numbers may not be exactly the same.
    Last edited by stevesh; 19 Apr 2012 at 06:08 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Your store will only send the HTML email if you have it set to do that, and the customer has selected HTML as his email option.

It's been a while since I created the No Prices template, but it looks like I deleted lines 907 and 908 (the second and third lines after // build output for email notification and 920 (begins with '$currencies'). Your line numbers may not be exactly the same.

Thanks for the help. I found the html checked stuff in the admin area and I am able to format out the items I don't want. But this appears to edit the email it is sending back to me (the store). I need to look at the customer html stuff and the lines of code you mentioned above. Is it safe to assume you are talking about the order.php file in reference to the lines 907 and 908?

Thanks
    J

Plugin Contributions

Ok, So that has gotten me really close!!! Thanks

The only thing it lacks is that in the NON-HTML version of the email that goes to Mr. Customer the total price is still showing up. Any clue on how to make that go away as well?

Also, I am really wanting to look at your prices store mod, but after reading the disclaimer about how it should be the first thing you do when you upload the site it got scared..... maybe if I learn some more about all these files and such, and the code inside, I'll try and implement that on a test site, then to my live site.

Thanks
    Justin