Plugin Contributions

Default 139h - secure content popup problem- hosted thru network solutions

New site trying to get set up.

Don't mind you knowing what domain it is. domain name is faithfultreasure.com

I know that 15 just released but we bought a template for 139 before 15 was released. I am not sure if it is compatible or not with 15 so we went ahead with 139h. We bought template 33018 from template monster.

hosted thru network solutions with dedicated SSL.

The admin section works fine when using https, but not the regular site, particularly when you go to either login or checkout. When you try to go to https it gives pop ups prompting the user whether they want to only view secure content.

I have found a few old threads on this subject and I think I have gone thru all of the items I have found to look for in them. I fixed all links in the banners to be relative and made a few other tweaks i found in some other old threads. But, problem still exists.

I don't think it is template related as the problem happens even with the default classic template.

I also found a SSLTEST script to run in one of the threads and here is the result given from running it when typing in : https://.../ssltest.php

Protocol detected: NONSSL

Array
    (
    [PATH] => /lib64/rc/sbin:/lib64/rc/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
    [FCGI_ROLE] => RESPONDER
    [SCRIPT_URL] => /ssltest.php
    [SCRIPT_URI] => http://www.faithfultreasure.com/ssltest.php
    [DOMAIN_NAME] => www.faithfultreasure.com
    [DOMAIN_PATH] => /data/22/2/52/142/2541631/user/2785282/htdocs
    [PKEY] => 2541631.2785282
    [RAILS_URI] => INVAL
    [DOMAIN_USER] => 2541631.2785282
    [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET] => ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip,deflate,sdch
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-US,en;q=0.8
    [HTTP_COOKIE] => zenid=c18913420e374aa9955e8f72c0d8cb87
    [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.24 Safari/536.5
    [HTTP_HOST] => www.faithfultreasure.com
    [HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR] => (removed)
    [HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST] => www.faithfultreasure.com
    [HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SERVER] => www.faithfultreasure.com
    [HTTP_CONNECTION] => Keep-Alive
    [SERVER_SIGNATURE] =>
    [SERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
    [SERVER_NAME] => www.faithfultreasure.com
    [SERVER_ADDR] => (removed)
    [SERVER_PORT] => 80
    [REMOTE_ADDR] => (removed)
    [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /data/22/2/52/142/2541631/user/2785282/htdocs
    [SERVER_ADMIN] => [no address given]
    [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => /data/22/2/52/142/2541631/user/2785282/htdocs/ssltest.php
    [REMOTE_PORT] => 1241
    [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1
    [SERVER_PROTOCOL] => HTTP/1.1
    [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET
    [QUERY_STRING] =>
    [REQUEST_URI] => /ssltest.php
    [SCRIPT_NAME] => /ssltest.php
    [PHP_SELF] => /ssltest.php
    [REQUEST_TIME] => 1334871231
    [argv] => Array
    (
    )

[argc] => 0
    )

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 139h - secure content popup problem

Quote Originally Posted by stubbdog View Post
    hosted thru network solutions with dedicated SSL.
    That is your problem.
    The best solution I know of is to use a more suitable hosting company who can actually do SSL properly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have been exchanging PMs with DrByte related to his response. He referred me to the zen-cart page related to providers. So, I went and visited them and looked around.

I came to find out that BlueHost and Hostmonster are in fact the same company just with two different names on the front page.
    And I admit that going from $$ for a regular account to $$ per month for their business plan, is just too steep for me.

I found Hostgator (that does not look to be the same company again) and they have a $$ per month business plan that includes the SSL and such. So, the question is, is anyone here using Hostgator and what are your opinions related?
    Last edited by DrByte; 26 Apr 2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: prices removed - we don't discuss prices or promote specific vendors on the forum

Plugin Contributions

No one has used hostgator has an anything to say about them?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You need to use a service that meets the needs of your business. Nobody here can tell you what that is for you.

I know of several Zen Cart stores using Hostgator for their hosting.

And, just like most large hosting companies, the users have a variety of experiences: Some are exceptionally happy with it. Others are just "satisfied". Others have selected something different because their needs are greater due to busier stores or more complex stores (tons of attributes and nested categories and so on).
    Generally speaking you'll find that most large hosting services have a mixed-bag of satisfaction levels. And the ones you've named in your last two posts fall in that category.

This thread is about a "secure content popup problem", and not about hosting services recommendations.
    Recommendations are not encouraged on the open forum because that just creates needless pricing-wars-discussions and "mine is better than yours" nonsense that has no contextual relevance. If I have a store that's got 5 products on it and gets 10,000 hits a week and does a million dollars in sales a year, I can probably afford a hundred-dollar-a-month hosting service but I don't actually need anything more than ten-dollars-a-month service because my store is exceedingly simple. Another store with 300,000 products and only 500 hits a week might need a more powerful server but likely won't want to fork out the cash for what they need and indeed probably doesn't see the value in the increased cost either.
    Don't make your decision based on price. Make it based on whether the service meets your specific needs. Get them to show you sites on their servers that are running the same software and similar-sized stores as yours, and see for yourself how it works. Or maybe they'll give you a trial period to assess it for yourself.

If anyone has recommendations they want to share, do it via PM. Not on the public forum.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.