Plugin Contributions

Default News Box Manager--doesn't show up in Tools

I installed this:http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=147 News Box Manager sidebox plugin, did everything I was supposed to do, but it says to manage news through the Tools > News Box Manager, but it's not there. I have ZC 1.5.0 and the mod says 1.3.9, but other 1.3.9 mods have worked, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Is it fundamentally incompatible, or is there a simple change I can make to get it to work?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: News Box Manager--doesn't show up in Tools

All of the modules that use the /admin/boxes/somemodule.php system from earlier versions of zencart need updating for the new way of doing things in V1.5.

Sometimes this is a pretty simple thing to do, but other times the incompatibilies go a little deeper than just the missing menu entries, which tends to complicate matters.

Cheers
    Rod.

Plugin Contributions

I found this about another plugin I installed: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...94#post1099394

It talks about adding an entry in a language file and installing a short MySQL patch. Could you help me tweak this to work for this News Box Manager? (you or anyone else?) I mean, would that even work?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by WebKat View Post
    It talks about adding an entry in a language file and installing a short MySQL patch. Could you help me tweak this to work for this News Box Manager? (you or anyone else?) I mean, would that even work?
    Second question first. Yes, by using the same method (with appropriate adjustments) will make the NewsBox manager appear in the admin menus. However, it will *not* guarantee that the NewBox manager will actually work. (Most/Many seem to be ok though).

As to the first question, if you can make even a little sense of the code as per the link you provided, you will probably be able to figure it out for yourself. You don't even need to *understand* the code. It is more a matter of changing the parts that will be 'unique' for any given module. A good tip is to find another module (or 2) that has also already been updated. Do a comparison between them, and it'll become reasonably obvious which parts are 'constant' and which parts are 'unique'.

Cheers
    Rod

I match the same problem,i can't find News Manager Side Box under my shop admin- tools. someone can Work This Out?

pls contact me via email:totradewithyou######################! tkx!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nbashoesbox View Post
    I match the same problem,i can't find News Manager Side Box under my shop admin- tools. someone can Work This Out?

pls contact me via email:totradewithyou######################! tkx!

Hi!
    Try this SQL patch:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `zen_admin_pages` (
    `page_key` ,
    `language_key` ,
    `main_page` ,
    `page_params` ,
    `menu_key` ,
    `display_on_menu` ,
    `sort_order`
    )
    VALUES (
    'configNewsBoxManager', 'BOX_NEWS_BOX_MANAGER', 'FILENAME_NEWS_BOX_MANAGER', '', 'tools', 'Y', '99'
    );