Plugin Contributions

Default My 1.5.0 Paypal returning blank address

Sorry, I may be repeating a previous question. I see one in the in the list of the forum, but reading it, it does not sound like my problem.

I have installed 1.5.0, it is an upgrade from 1.3.0. The upgrade was done by installing 1.5.0, then reloading the database. The site has template differences from the standard, but, the engine of zen cart in not modified, with the exception of the pulugins:
    - newsletter subscribe 2.2.2
    - sales report
    - ultimate seo url 2.150

When I use paypal to pay for products, I return to the Payment Information Page (2 of 3) and get:

"Error PROBLEM: We're sorry. PayPal has unexpectedly returned a blank address.
    In order to complete your purchase, please provide your address by clicking the "Sign Up" button below to create an account in our store. Then you may select PayPal again when you continue with checkout. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any trouble with checkout, please click the Contact Us link to explain the details to us so we can help you with your purchase and prevent the problem in the future. Thanks."

Can you point me in the right direction to solve this problem?

Thanks for your time.

Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.0 Paypal returning blank address

The new version of zen cart was set up in a new directory, in a fresh database.

The transition from version 1.3.0 to 1.5.0 required the deleting of the original PayPal certificate and getting a new PayPal Signature for the 1.5.0 install since the two are mutually exclusive.

I believe, for all intent and purpose this is a new install, and the same as having uninstalled the PayPal module and having re-installed it.

If someone could tell me what file sets up the packet to PayPal, and what php file processes the packet of information returned from PayPal, I am happy to step through the PHP code until I find what is in error. I am panicked to get this straight.

Could there be something I have overlooked? I am open for any suggestions.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by coastalwanderer View Post
    The transition from version 1.3.0 to 1.5.0 required the deleting of the original PayPal certificate and getting a new PayPal Signature for the 1.5.0 install since the two are mutually exclusive.
    Um, I don't think any of that was necessary, and I think your stated reason is incorrect. There's no "mutually exclusive"-ness in any of that.

But, that's unrelated to the problem you're reporting.

I'm pretty sure there's a simple fix: In your ZC admin, edit your Express Checkout module's settings by turning off the EC Shortcut Button.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Awww. I should have guessed that I did everything the hard way. It seemed to be mutually exclusive because in PayPal it appeared that PayPal requested that I delete my Certificate before they would allocate a Signature. It appeared the original certificate did not have an associated signature with it. I must not have understood something on PayPal, but, that would not be the first time. I should have come here to find out how to get the signature without doing so much changing on my site. It has costed me real pain. It would have been great if I had known I could keep both sites and leave the original store up as I debugged the new version. This problem did not show up in PayPal Sandbox. Everything seemed great when I was connected to the Sandbox ... but, I must have been wrong.

In the mean time, I have turned off the EC Short Cut Button. I seem to have the same problem:
    "PROBLEM: We're sorry. PayPal has unexpectedly returned a blank address.
    In order to complete your purchase, please provide your address by clicking the "Sign Up" button below to create an account in our store. Then you may select PayPal again when you continue with checkout. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any trouble with checkout, please click the Contact Us link to explain the details to us so we can help you with your purchase and prevent the problem in the future. Thanks."

I have Express Checkout configured with:
    - EC Shortcut Button: OFF
    - EC Required Confirmation Address: NO
    - EC Select Cheapest Shipping Automatic: YES (but I hope that does no matter for downloadables items)
    - EC: Skip Payment Page: NO
    - EC: Automatic Account Creation: YES
    - Payment Acction: FINAL SALE

Did I turn the correct thing off?

Dave

Plugin Contributions

has this been resolved?

I get same error with 1.5.0 - clean install, not upgrade and I am testing with the sandbox active.
    I turned off the EC shortcut button but doesn't make a difference.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mk14steve View Post
    has this been resolved?

I get same error with 1.5.0 - clean install, not upgrade and I am testing with the sandbox active.
    I turned off the EC shortcut button but doesn't make a difference.
    I'm having the same issue and it's driving me crazy:

"PROBLEM: We're sorry. PayPal has unexpectedly returned a blank address.

I have put in the correct API info from paypal in the payment module and set zencart to "live" payment. I don't know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated from a newbie. thankyou:)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Version 1.5
    Downloadable products only.
    payment via Paypal Express

Also getting the same problem regarding blank address.

Followed Dr. Bytes solution.

Switched all products to virtual skip shipping address.
    Always Free shipping.

Tested it, and works ok now.

Dr. Byte is this a bug with v1.5 and downloadable products? or does it have to do with hosts?

I have 1.3.9h running on another host and the previous settings are working ok with paypal express.