Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can I have two different FREE shipping thresholds?

Right now, we offer a FREE SHIPPING option in our store for any order over $30.00, as long as it's going to the USA or Canada.

Is there a way to have us change the value so that Free Shipping to Canada is only offered for orders $100.00 or more, but still remain the same $30.00 limit for USA?

Basically, we have it set up now so that the free shipping option is displayed for a certain ZONE, and that ZONE has only USA and Canada in there. I need a way to still offer free shipping in both places, but to have a higher limit for our Canadian customers.

Can this be done within the built-in shipping modules?
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can you have two different FREE shipping thresholds?

It doesn't look like the freeoptions shipping module supports multiple zones/limits, so the direct answer to your question is "No, it can't be done with the built-in shipping modules".

However, you could "clone" the freeoptions module so that you could configure one to give the $30.00 limit free shipping to US customers and the other to give the $100.00 limit to your Canadian customers. Check out this link (http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...hipping-module) to see how to clone a shipping module.

Plugin Contributions

Hey, thanks for the help! I will look into that cloning solution. :)
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

No problem ... just remember to backup your database first!

Plugin Contributions

I cloned it, and it seemed to work, but I did find a bug which I'm having trouble identifying. Hopefully you can help me!

Basically, I cloned the FREESHIPPING module, and called it FREESHIPPING_CANADA. That way, I can have a separate free shipping option for Canada that has it's own Zone, separate from the USA free shipping.

All seems to be well........in other words, I do get this Free Shipping option to show up for my Canadian customers.......but once they use a discount coupon and the page refreshes, the Free Shipping option is no longer selected. If they click to select it, the page refreshes, and unselects it.

This ONLY HAPPENS if they redeem a coupon. If they don't redeem a coupon, the free shipping option can be selected and the purchase can be made. But once you redeem the discount coupon, the free shipping is displayed but it doesn't remain selected.

Any ideas what would cause that? I'm stumped! (And no, there are no zone restrictions on the coupon being used....I checked!)
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

I ran a test on an unmodified v1.5.0 installation:

1) Created a gift certificate for $25 off, no minimum order, didn't check the free shipping box, one time use for a one customer, no zone restrictions.
    2) Using the 'freeoptions' shipping, set that up so that purchases >= $30 will qualify for free shipping
    3) Logged in as that customer.
    - Added a $29.99 item to my cart, go to checkout, no free shipping
    - Added a $25.00 item to my cart, go to checkout, FREE shipping available (which I selected)
    - Continued on to payment, entered by code for $25.00 off. Screen refreshes, still free shipping.

All that worked like I'd expect. Is the same problem present when your US customers use a coupon?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I think I may be getting somewhere. It may boil down to some unknown code modification that I may have done in the past. So far though, I think I see SOMETHING that I want to fix, and perhaps that will resolve the issue.

As I said, I made a COPY of the existing freeshipping module. I renamed it to freeshipping_ca, and I replaced all instances of "freeshipping" inside the file to be "freeshipping_ca" in order to make it unique.

Now, when I select this free shipping from the checkout page, instead of it saying "Free Shipping" on the order total, it says this:

Click Here to view pic: Attachment 10475

I would like to find out were it's getting the "freeoptions_ca_freeoptions_ca" string! If I can fix this so that it puts "Free Shipping Options (Free Shipping):" instead, then that will rule out one of my variables that I'm trying to eliminate.

I think that issue above could hold the key as to why it's not working, because SOMETHING is obviously missing or overlooked on my part of this basic text isn't coming in. Perhaps the module isn't recognized and therefore, it's not being selected.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

The underscores are probably the issue ...

freeoptions should go to freeoptionsca
    FREEOPTIONS should go to FREEOPTIOSCA

filenames should be:
    freeoptionsca.php

Uninstall the freeoptions_ca and then make the changes and reinstall ... see if that fixes the issue ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

By the way, to see what I mean, I created a test account in my store. You can try this:

1. Go to my site and login: https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/login.html

(Username: [email protected] Password: canada)

2. I already have an item in the cart, so just proceed to the checkout area.

3. When you get to the checkout page, NOTICE AT FIRST that everything looks correct. That is, free shipping is selected, and the Order Total list at the top of the page correctly shows "Free Shipping Options (Free Shipping):"

However, if you REFRESH the page (which is what happens when you apply a discount), the above text disappears and it gets initialized with that weird "freeoptions_ca_freeoptions_ca" string.....almost as if the module isn't recognized.

So it appears that it has nothing to do with a discount coupon......it has to do with a refresh of the page. I am totally stuck trying to figure out why that is.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Please try the naming convention that I posted and see if it fixes the conflicts ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast