Plugin Contributions

Default oh my! cant find usps shipping after adding modules. zen-cart v1.5

So I looked and looked, searched the forum but to no avail. I am throwing the towel.

after upgrading to 1.5 from 1.3.9. I added the payment module, then downloaded the USPS - United States Postal Service for Zen Cart v1.5.0 and copied it to the admin directory. The USPS shipping option still not available after selecting from the menu: module | shipping.

searching for usps
    .../zen15/secure admin/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php
    Line #6 : * @version $Id: usps.php 18348F 2012-01-22 01:22:00Z ajeh $

/zen15/secure admin/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php
    Line #9 : * @version $Id: usps.php 18348F 2012-01-22 01:22:00Z ajeh $

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: oh my! cant find usps shipping after adding modules. zen-cart v1.5

Ok, did not think it were in the catalog section instead of admin section. never assume. Anyway thanks for reading. it is working now :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ussefad View Post
    Ok, did not think it were in the catalog section instead of admin section. never assume. Anyway thanks for reading. it is working now :)
    Not sure what you mean about being in the "catalog section" ...

You should have found the settings in the Modules ... Shipping ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post

I originally installed the modules under the admin directory (public_html/admin/include) instead of public_html/include

Plugin Contributions

Aha! that will make messies ... thanks for the update to clarify this ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post

I am having the same issue. I uploaded the usps.php file to the following directories but the mod is not showing up on my Admin-Modules-Shipping list of modules. Please help!!! Thank you!

Kimberly

/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/
    /includes/modules/shipping/

Plugin Contributions

Could you look in the directory:
    /cache

and see what the debug logs say?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry to have bothered you. I just looked at where the /includes/ folder was uploaded to and found that it was actually inside my original /includes/ folder. I moved it to public_html and it shows up now! I will make note for future readers that I feared uploading the entire /includes/ folder because I was afraid it would overwrite all the files/folders within it...that was not the case. It actually puts the usps.php file right where it needs to be. I had originally tried to just upload the usps.php files individually instead of moving the folders and that does not work. The /includes/ folder and all subfolders and files have to be uploaded.

Thanks again,
    Kimberly

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this is now working for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kpinegar View Post
    ... I had originally tried to just upload the usps.php files individually instead of moving the folders and that does not work. The /includes/ folder and all subfolders and files have to be uploaded.
    In case anyone else reads this, I would like to clarify. You can manually upload any mod's files into your site -- if you're careful. The auto-placing of files is convenient, but I think it's good to know where everything is going, if only to become gradually more familiar with ZC's structure.

Of course, if you're doing it manually, you have to ensure to upload all the files into all the correct folders, including making sure they're in the correct override folders. Otherwise, madness will ensue.

Rob