Default Payeezy CVV field now has type="number" Arrows in right side issues Version: 0.96

Most recent module of payeezy Version: 0.96 seems to have an issue that people here accidentally hit the scroll mouse and it scrolls to a code that was entered in the past and people don't catch it in which case creditcard submit and fails. Was not like this in a prior rev. The arrows displayed in the right side of the box is the problem I think. Looks like this code type="number" may be the cause. Can I remove it or change it to text instead or will it possibly break something if I choose to do so?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payeezy CVV field now has type="number" Arrows in right side issues Version: 0.96

You mean that they're playing with their mouse while trying to type numbers into a number field? Strange.

Yes, you can change type="number" to "text". It just means that on mobile devices users won't automatically see the number keyboard, but will instead have to switch to numbers manually. Less user friendly that way, but if your typical user is a desktop user who plays with their mouse wheel while typing numbers, then I guess it makes sense to protect them from themselves.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Default Re: Payeezy CVV field now has type="number" Arrows in right side issues Version: 0.96

Thanks! Ive watched someone here do it a couple times entering orders and its been a minor complaint. Had a customer call and also mention it. I think what happens is they type the numbers. Then go to put hand on mouse and move it to submit button and in that movement is when it happens. Also noticed the credit card number field does not have the type="number".