Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute Values

Hi

Does anyone know how to get the value of a text attribute from the\includes\classes\shopping_cart.php file, so I I have a text attribut on the product page and a person enters say '1' in that box how can I capture that value in the shopping_cart.php file, I know you can get it in /includes/modules/shopping_cart/header_php.php but don't need it in shopping_cart.php.

Thanks
    Maxell

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Values

What are you trying to do with that value. i see it is a numerical value. are you trying to use it to perform some additional calculation(s)?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fairestcape View Post
    What are you trying to do with that value. i see it is a numerical value. are you trying to use it to perform some additional calculation(s)?
    Hi I need the values to calculate X x Y to get a price and display in the cart, I have got everyhting else to work I just need to get the figures from a text attrribute field.

maxell

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by maxell6230 View Post
    Hi I need the values to calculate X x Y to get a price and display in the cart, I have got everyhting else to work I just need to get the figures from a text attrribute field.

maxell
    Get in touch with SWGUY (Scott Wilson). He has developed better systems for calculating values using attributes.

If you use a TEXT input, then the value will be recognised as text. If a customer puts an alpha character into the field, or a "string" that is not strictly a number, then you will get errors, and probably confuse your customers. As it is a TEXT field, designed to accept both alpha and numeric input (which it interprets as TEXT anyway), you risk the result of a NaN occurrence (Not a Number) in your subsequent calculations.

Plugin Contributions

I have seen the software guys stuff, the thing is the mod is so close to working. If I use drop down boxes it gets the value fine and works really well. It just if I use a text box the value does not seem to be in shopping_cart.php. Regarding the NaN error, the user cannot continue to the checkout until a correct numerical value is entered, so this would not be an issue. The reason I need the value in shopping_cart.php is because to display the correct price based on X x Y I have to make a calculation other wise the value in the unit column is incorrect but as I say this all works fine when using dropdown boxes, I must be able to get the value of the text box from somewhere.
    Maxell