Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with my "buy now"

Hi,

If you go to this page: http://www.purenappycakes.com/boys-baby-gifts-c-7.html and click "buy now" on the cup cakes. then from the shopping cart click "back to shopping", then click "buy now" for any other item. The cup cake quantity goes up 1, instead of adding other items to the cart.
    I noticed the button for every product then links to the same item number.

Any ideas to what could be causing this?

Thanks

Joe

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bug with "buy now"

It doesn't do it if the customer uses the Back browser button rather than Continue Shopping. What happens if you turn off your URL-rewriting mod and try again ?

Plugin Contributions

sorry for the delayed response.

after disabling it. the problem goes away. So there must be a problem in the .htaccess file? or the zen cart addon?

Plugin Contributions

After clicking the "buy now" link, the "continue shopping" button then contains the product_id of the last product added to the cart.

"&products_id=142". Is there anyway to stop this being added, as im guessing the re-write mod is using this.

Plugin Contributions

did you solve this...i've got the same problem

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joecooper View Post
    After clicking the "buy now" link, the "continue shopping" button then contains the product_id of the last product added to the cart. ... "&products_id=142". Is there anyway to stop this being added, as im guessing the re-write mod is using this.
    So just to clarify this for anyone else reading this post. This is not a problem specific to using a "re-write" mod

A clean install of Zen Cart with no plugins / modules installed will add "&products_id=142" to the end of the URL in the history when "Display Product Add to Cart Button = 2" and "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status = 0". With these options enabled Zen Cart's default template adds the "&products_id=142" to the form as the "action".

So basically the user's template is adding the "&products_id=142" to the form action which is the cause of if appearing in the URL.

I have not tested against Zen Cart 1.3.x. In Zen Cart 1.5.x $_GET is not used by the routine to add a product to the shopping cart ($_POST is used instead) so clicking "continue shopping" does not add additional products. This was verified with a clean install of Zen Cart 1.5.0, a clean install of Zen Cart 1.5.1, and an install of Zen Cart 1.5.1 w/ one of the common plugins to generate alternative URLs.

So the question is: "If you are running Zen Cart 1.5.x, what is different in your installation (or settings) which causes $_GET to be used by the routine to add a product to the shopping cart"?
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    So just to clarify this for anyone else reading this post. This is not a problem specific to using a "re-write" mod

A clean install of Zen Cart with no plugins / modules installed will add "&products_id=142" to the end of the URL in the history when "Display Product Add to Cart Button = 2" and "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status = 0". With these options enabled Zen Cart's default template adds the "&products_id=142" to the form as the "action".

So basically the user's template is adding the "&products_id=142" to the form action which is the cause of if appearing in the URL.

I have not tested against Zen Cart 1.3.x. In Zen Cart 1.5.x $_GET is not used by the routine to add a product to the shopping cart ($_POST is used instead) so clicking "continue shopping" does not add additional products. This was verified with a clean install of Zen Cart 1.5.0, a clean install of Zen Cart 1.5.1, and an install of Zen Cart 1.5.1 w/ one of the common plugins to generate alternative URLs.

So the question is: "If you are running Zen Cart 1.5.x, what is different in your installation (or settings) which causes $_GET to be used by the routine to add a product to the shopping cart"?
    I just installed a clean ZenCart 1.5.1 with demo data...to get this same issue
    Then I go to the backend Configuration - Product Listing and set Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location to 0

then I go to the frontend and go to the category DVD Movies :: Action.......then i start to "click buy" - "continue shopping" and repeat that several times with of course different products in that categorie.
    Then I install Ú-SEO URL, and do the same thing.

Wat happens: I click on Die Hard With A Vengeance Linked - Buy Now -- and Continue shopping
    Then I click on Fire Down Below Linked - Buy Now

And two times Die Hard With A Vengeance Linked in my card

It makes no sense...sometimes after 2 clicks and sometimes after 10 clicks