Plugin Contributions

Default I just want all includes tax for all peoples in the world.

I reserched the word 'Include tax' for all forums but I can not arrive to find the good answer.
    so let me please post my questions.

I buy the products from japan and I sell to Europe. I am based in France.
    so My business scale is very small so I don't want to complicate my accounts.
    so I want everything includes Tax.
    I tried all what explains but I don't arrive to show my shops as I wish.
    product price shows always without tax.
    Please help me your intelligence.

thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I just want all includes tax for all peoples in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by thaiko View Post
    I reserched the word 'Include tax' for all forums but I can not arrive to find the good answer.
    so let me please post my questions.

I buy the products from japan and I sell to Europe. I am based in France.
    so My business scale is very small so I don't want to complicate my accounts.
    so I want everything includes Tax.
    I tried all what explains but I don't arrive to show my shops as I wish.
    product price shows always without tax.
    Please help me your intelligence.

thank you
    As you are in the European Union, you will have to configure your shop to:

1. Apply tax in accordance with the laws in FRANCE
    2. Apply tax in accordance with the laws in all other EU countries.

For every other country, you do not need to worry, because what happens in these cases is that when a person in a FOREIGN COUNTRY receives your parcel, they will have to pay whatever import tax their country applies. This is calculated when the parcel ARRIVES in that country, and you have no responsibility to pay those taxes. The CUSTOMER has to pay them.

I do not know what the SALES TAX law is in France, but here in the UK, if shopkeepers sell to the GENERAL PUBLIC, then all prices displayed HAVE TO INCLUDE SALES TAX.

So, in the UK, if I have a product that is £100 (EX TAX), then I need to add 20% to put the tax amount into the price. £100 + 20% = £120.

The PRICE I show in my website for that product is £120.

This means, that when the customer buys that product, they pay ME £120, and I will then have to show in my company accounts that I keep £100, and I have to pay to the tax man £20.

The customer does not need to know how I account for this. They know that the price THEY PAID INCLUDES TAX, and that it is my responsibility to then pay the tax to the tax office.

In France, it may be similar. If the French Law also says that your prices shown to the public must INCLUDE TAX, then you will do the same. You will receive your products from Japan (and probably pay an import levy) but you will then decide what PRICE you are going to charge for your products.

You will calculate YOUR price on what YOU paid to import the product, PLUS some PROFIT MARGIN, and then, if you need to also show your prices with tax included, you will ADD the tax value to the price.

IF you get orders for your products from GERMANY, then things are a bit different. You will need to talk to an accountant to find out how that tax gets paid to GERMANY.

AGAIN... here in the UK, our tax office has AGREEMENTS with other EU countries to COLLECT TAX on their behalf, and that I only have to pay the tax to the UK tax office. My VAT RETURN to the tax office will show that some of the orders were for GERMANY, and the tax office would then work out what portion of the tax I have collected needs to go to GERMANY.

PAYINGG THESE TAXES to your tax office is NOT something you do in zencart. You need to use proper accounting software, and set it up in accordance with the laws in France.

Your accountant / financial advisor is the best person to talk to.
    19 years a Zencart User