Plugin Contributions

Default Problems With Attribute Pull Downs and Read Only

I have setup attributes in my store and some are 'pull down' for customer selection and some are just to have been for 'read only' to just display. Well, if I have multiple pull down attributes on one product display page only the first one shows the values and the following have pull downs without any values in them, only 'next select' at the top and nothing else. Also, if a product has at least one pull down selectable attribute then it will show all of the read onlys as pull downs as well(I do not want that) and of course all but the first pull down will not have any of the values within them. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems With Attribute Pull Downs and Read Only

If you are confused... then so are we.

I cannot make head or tail of what you are saying, so I suggest you point us to an example page on your site so we can see this behaviour.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Let me offer examples;
    I setup a product with an attribute option name "color" that was setup as a pull down and several option values("red","blue","green")
    That same product I add another attribute option "size" that was setup as a pull down and with values("large","medium","small")
    The same product I also add an attribute option "material" and it is setup as a read only with a value of "cotton"
    The same product I also add an attribute option "company" and it is setup as a read only with a value of "hanes"
    The above will produce:
    "Please choose:
    color: (pull down with first line "first select color", second line "red", third line "blue", fourth "green")
    size: (pull down with first line "next select size", ...no additional lines)
    material: (pull down with first line "next select material", ...no additional lines)
    company: (pull down with first line "next select company", ...no additional lines)

If I move any of the options "size", "material" or "company" up to the top it then displays the values properly for that option but the remaining will do the same, for example;
    material: (pull down with first line "first select material", second line "cotton")
    color: (pull down with first line "next select color", ...no additional lines)
    size: (pull down with first line "next select size", ...no additional lines)
    company: (pull down with first line "next select company", ...no additional lines)

Please note that the "material" option (and the "company" option) should not even be a pull down as they were to have been a read only.
    This happens every time even one option with anything but a read only is within the products options.(all options are then displayed as pull downs)
    If I setup a product with just the "material" and "company" (the two read only options) all seems to be fine.

Hopefully the above examples help in understanding what this newbie is trying to describe.
    Thank you very much for your help.

Plugin Contributions

What you are describing should not happen, so there is no way for us to begin to diagnose the problem without seeing it live. Do you have any mods installed, especially ones that deal with product or attribute display in any way? You must, as Zen Cart by default does not identify "first" or "next" attributes. We need to know what those mods are. If you have something from outside of this site's Free Addons or Plugins section, you will need to ask the source for help.

Plugin Contributions

I hope I have described it well enough with the example as I do not want to show it live as I do not want future searches customers may make to pull up my incompetence :/ I hope you all can understand.
    Yes, you are very correct, I do have Stock by Attributes installed, sorry I did not mention it. (newbie) Obviously it could effect this output, but it did seem to be working before, it even showed the proper items "out of stock" in the pull down and only allowed ordering by telling them it is in "backorder". Oh, and the Zen Cart version is the latest 1.5 The Stock by Attributes was for 1.3x I think but had thought I read it would work fine which is why I installed it, and like I said it did seem to be working perfectly.
    Thank you again.

Plugin Contributions

If it was working before you did something... then you did something... and it stopped working... undo what you did.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, again have not been descriptive enough. All I had done was to have added the extra read only options.

Plugin Contributions

Have you searched the Stock by Attributes support thread(s) for any mention of "read only" to see if there is a known issue with this attribute type? Otherwise there is nothing we can say without looking at the site.

There are several versions of SBA, so be sure you refer to the correct threads, and ask there where people who read your question will be likely to know the mod.