Threaded View

Default Re: upgrading a new installation of version 1.3.9 to 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    I've noticed a few other threads in which the differences between configure files pre-1.5.0 and configure files post-1.5.0 were discussed, but I am not sure of what the conclusion was. Hopefully DrByte of someone else knowledgeable will chime in. If they do, I for one would like a specific and clear explanation of the differences, especially the differences in configure.php files that might be found between a site upgraded from 1.3.9 to 1.5.0 and a clean install of 1.5.0.

Rob
    Hi Rob, per my post to cshearer above:

The ZC150 fileset does not have the configure.php files in admin/includes or in /includes because they are created during the install. (There are actually dummy files in admin/includes and includes - the name of which are provided in the new install instructions - that you can rename to configure.php before uploading the files to the server. During the new installation process, these files are written to by the installer and all the info needed for them is inserted automatically).
    Conversely, if one is doing an upgrade, they simply copy their config files from the old fileset to the new fileset prior to uploading and running the installer and skip the file-name-changing step that is a part of the process for NEW installations of 150. In the case of an upgrade, the dummy files can either be deleted or left in place because they're just blank files that zc will ignore anyway. They only come in to play if the files are renamed to configure.php for a NEW install.

Hope that helps :)
    Last edited by ScriptJunkie; 2 May 2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary