I was reading about hidden products in this post. http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Hidden-Product I got to reply #8 by Limelites and wanted to try that idea. It was this.
"The simplest way to create a hidden product is to firstly create a unique category, call this HIDDEN CATEGORY. Then disable the category from admin so it's showing the red square.

Then, click into the category and create the products you want to hide. You can still access and purchase these products if you know the URL. No one browsing your store will be able to access these products as they don't know the URL's.

Simple as that really. Works a treat for me."

My question is this, how do you know the URL without being able to nav to that item. So obviously by turning that Category "on" then finding the item and copying the URL, then turning the category "off" works. But is there an easier way to know the URL? I may be potentially adding tons of items to this hidden category and turning the category on/off all the time isn't a great idea. I read about the hidden cat mod, but I wanted to try this first before messing with that.

Thanks
J