Plugin Contributions

Default My vm ip address changed and that broke my store pages

Hello,

I have Zencart 1.5 installed on Ubuntu Server 11.10 who is runing on Virtual Box.

Last week I (unfortunatelly) updated the vm software when I was offered to do so and this changed my server's ip address(was 192.168.0.106 but now it is 192.168.0.107).

The effect of this is that I have now access to my zc main page on 192.168.0.107/zencart but all of the links redirect me to 192.168.0.106/ pages.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
    Leo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My vm ip address changed and that broke zc pages

Quote Originally Posted by leocoppens View Post
    The effect of this is that I have now access to my zc main page on 192.168.0.107/zencart but all of the links redirect me to 192.168.0.106/ pages.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
    Leo
    The easiest fix would be to change your VM IP address back to what it was. It's not really a zencart issue.

You *can* also resolve the problem via zencart, just treat it as though you've migrated the site to a different host (IOW, you need to update your two configure.php files).

Off topic question:
    Am I misreading your 1st comment, or are you running Virtual box on a Windows system, with ubuntu as the virtualised machine? If so, you'll get better performance and stability by running native Ubuntu and using VB to virtualise your windows install. Better yet, run CenTos as your native machine, and virtualise everything else :)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    The easiest fix would be to change your VM IP address back to what it was. It's not really a zencart issue.

You *can* also resolve the problem via zencart, just treat it as though you've migrated the site to a different host (IOW, you need to update your two configure.php files).

Off topic question:
    Am I misreading your 1st comment, or are you running Virtual box on a Windows system, with ubuntu as the virtualised machine? If so, you'll get better performance and stability by running native Ubuntu and using VB to virtualise your windows install. Better yet, run CenTos as your native machine, and virtualise everything else :)

Cheers
    Rod

Thank you thank you Thank you thank you!

I just updated the configure.php files and it's all working again!!!
    You made my week! :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Off topic question:

Cheers
    Rod
    Regarding your advice I'm a newby so I really didn't know. The thing is that I don't need better performance, this is just some testing that I'm doing, the performance is in the host server I pay for, I just learn and try new sql procedures here.

Thanks anyway!