Plugin Contributions

Default Problem Data Base Username and Password

Well what can I say? the configuration shows all is well as I go down the list
    for the zc_install from the address bar here look for yourself
    CLICK HERE "green" I reset all the
    neccessary permissions to 777 and Im on a small 300 gig Linux / Unix server
    Im just "Stuck on the Procedure" for setting up the DBase for the Username
    and Password to access the Admin and Control panel. So far everything seems
    to be very straight forward.. Any suggestions are gladly accepted for this
    "First Time" Cart programmer Thanx

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem Data Base Username and Password

First time installation? If so, you'll need to use your server control panel to create the zencart database and user *before* you start the zencart installation itself.

The username/password to administer the store are setup/created *during* the zencart installation process (but after you've entered the DB details that you've just set up via cPanel (or whatever)

Cheers
    Rod
    Last edited by RodG; 4 May 2012 at 03:04 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply rod here is the error msg I get When I get to the "enter host,db name and password" page
    A connection to the database could not be made. This can happen for a number of reasons.

(You may have given the wrong DB host name, or the user name or password may be incorrect.
    You may also have given the wrong database name (Does it exist? Did you create it? -- NOTE: Zen Cart® does not create a database for you.).
    Please review all of the entries and ensure that they are correct.) Im not sure if they mean the name www.mydomain.com or the actual dns name or am I supposed to create a dbase using front page (which is the editor supplied by Network Solutions my domain hosting company...) Im just confused at this point is there more
    instructions I can read up on to clarify on exactly how to proceed? I hate to keep bothering people with silly questions if I can find the answers by simply reading the material thanx Kevin....

Plugin Contributions

am I supposed to create a dbase using front page
    FrontPage Is a microsoft product and is for html page generation
    ZenCart is a php application and one should never, NEVER, use FrontPage with it

NetSol should have an account management portal where you can create a mysql database

Record the name, the user you create, and the password
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Also, many shared hosting enviornments prepend the control panel user name to the database name. If the user name you use to log in to your hosting control panel is 'revkev', and the name you gave the database when you created it is 'zencart', the database name Zencart will be looking for is 'revkev_zencart'.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the Information, Interestingly as little fondness as I have for mr. Gates and
    his products it's the coding I enjoy the most these days, I was able to create "php" files in
    front page, I dont really know what that means, I try to be as little software dependant as
    possible, Ironiclly being able to "create" a file does little if you dont know what to put in it,
    so there is my ini.php file setting in my zc_install dir and of course I can view it in my file mgr
    and when I type in the URL in my address bar I get no error msg's but the my system just sits there
    and says.... "yes?" ha ha,, I will look <OO> for the portal knowing more about what to do when
    I find it is going to be helpfull too. Dont get me wrong I understand why ZC is better over word press
    and I remember the first days of College when I stuttered out "Hyper Text Markup Language?" and
    now I can code from memory.. but this is like the first day of school... please be patient :-) and thanks
    for the help.. Kevin

Plugin Contributions

Its so frustrating and it's last screen befor the install thats stopping me everything else is ok all green
    I just have to get the db control panel set up and there is so little info on it but Im not giving up
    and I think cobra has a good Idea too Im going to check on the Portal with netsol,, its not something
    they like to advertise but I bet its there... Thanks for the tip Steve..

Plugin Contributions

Just a quick note to THANK YOU BUDDY... "Captn... the portal does exisist" I found it Scotty
    "It was cloaked pretty good" but it was there and they "time you out" FAST... they just dont
    play well with others at NETSOL,,, ha ha now I have to Create a MSql subuser Im asumming
    I do this "within" my database I dont understand all this yet but when I logged in the panel lit
    up like a Christmas tree with all kinds of "php" options Create View Etc... Thanks Again With this
    Issue...... You are FOR SURE INVITED TO CHRISTMAS DINNER.... :O peace