Plugin Contributions

Default UPS international+free shipping options for US+table rates... is this possible?

Help me out here please. I am running 1.3.9h. currently we are shipping UPS worldwide, using the UPS module and their shipping estimator. In addition we provide free shipping on orders over 100 doll for US 48 states via shipping options. UPS prices are really high and we decided to use a table rates for US customers, to lower this prices down, and to keep the shipping options. I understand i will have to make worldwide zones and assign each of them a table rate prices based on weight. Is this zones are already available somewhere and i can import them, or do i need to make this from scratch? Or may be is it possible to have table rates showing up for US customers, and if its a customer from Canada, for example, to show him only the UPS options? How you guys handle international shipping? thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS international+free shipping options for US+table rates... is this possible?

Searching the FAQ for zone or zones would help ...

This FAQ can probably you build your zones:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...ne-definitions
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS international+free shipping options for US+table rates... is this possible?

Thanks for the respond. I followed the link and added the rest of the world zone.

now... i have active free shipping options for orders over 100 in 48 lower states (yellow),
    table rates for 48 lower states (yellow),
    ups for rest of world (yellow)

nothing green.

(also need to add Hawaii and US islands somehow)
    but....
    when i try to order something as if i am from Australia, it shows no shipping available.
    when i try to order something as if i am from US, it shows no shipping available.

what am i doing wrong?
    thanks.

Plugin Contributions

and if i turn off table rate and use Zone rates instead... then Zone rates turns green. in here i can put US into Zone 1, but in this case it calculates same rate for continental and non continental US. i setup a new zone_2 in zone definitions for non continental US, but how do i define it in Zone rates if for Zone Rates i still have to write country code, which is US?

Plugin Contributions

If you need Zones on the Zone Rate zones, you might look at the add on for:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=478
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If you need Zones on the Zone Rate zones, you might look at the add on for:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=478
    I have multi zones installed. this is not working. because multi zones designed for country. also to use multizones you have to set them up before your users will register. the store is existing store. and the problem is in differentiating the non continental US from continental lower 48 states and from the rest of the world to be able to use other rates for non continental.

i have free shipping options set on lower 48 states with orders over 100.
    i have ups set for the rest of the world without US.
    i have to setup 48 states for for table rates for all orders under 100 (here is the problem, seleceting this same zone of lower 48 states, if it is already used in free shipping options, does not work)
    also setting up non continental areas in zone rates wont work, because it is still US (country), that is zone rates designed for.

DO i need to have a table rate clone with lower 48 states zone definition clone and then table rate clone with non continental areas to get this work?

Plugin Contributions

Either clone Table Rate table ... or get that Zone Table add on that lets you use your Zone Definitions for each Zone rate that you setup ...
    Linda McGrath