Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Flash Video Player instead of Product Image

Dose anyone know of a way to do this. What I am wanting is to put a very small video of theproduct instead of some of the photo's.

I do know of the 360 viewers out there that you can get however that requires taking 18+ imgeas per product.

Thoughts???
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Flash Video Player instead of Product Image

There are some ZC-compatible image manipulators at magictoolbox.com . These are commercial programs - there may be other free ones available.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I think I may have found it....

Basically what I need to do is insert the flash code into the tpl_product_info_display.php page and then concatenated the product id onto the end of the swf file. This enables you to have a unique video playing based on each product id. So my code looked like this:

Code:
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="includes/languages/english/ss/video<?php echo $products_id_current; ?>.swf" width="368px" height="280px">
    <param name="movie" value="includes/languages/english/ss/video<?php echo $products_id_current; ?>.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high"><param name="BGCOLOR" value="#000000">
    <param name="menu" value="false">
    </object>
    So the steps would be:

1. Create a folder in the path includes/languages/english/ss/video
    2. Upload all videos in .swf format which are named the same as your Product ID (eg: id95.swf) to the folder includes/languages/english/ss/video folder you created.
    3. Copy the code listed above into the tpl_product_info_display.php file.
    4. Save the tpl_product_info_display.php you just edited it and Upload.

The Videos should now work.

Does this make sense.

If it does, and once I have tested it I will create an addon for everyone to use.
    Last edited by outeredge2; 3 May 2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Logic seems sound - though you may need to call in the codecs for windows media player - or whatever player you are using, in the <object> code.

I believe firefox prefers the <embed> tag.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fairestcape View Post
    Logic seems sound - though you may need to call in the codecs for windows media player - or whatever player you are using, in the <object> code.

I believe firefox prefers the <embed> tag.
    Can you please expand on this? I am not sure what exactly you mean.

Plugin Contributions

Just turn off the product image and hard code a Youtuve iframe video into the product description. Using flash videos is going to rape bandwidth, loading times, and no one on Apple devices will see anything.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dgent View Post
    Just turn off the product image and hard code a Youtuve iframe video into the product description. Using flash videos is going to rape bandwidth, loading times, and no one on Apple devices will see anything.
    Good point.

Don't try to "over-egg" your site. People don't have time to wait for stuff to load, and there are very few occasions where a video file will influence a sale.

We developed a site a few years ago where we had instructional videos - how to assemble some of the products (flat-pack shelving) and this was quite useful. The idea was to show how to do it - and how easy it was to assemble the shelving. Many people used the video material and it helped in making purchase decisions.

Unless there is a compelling reason to embed video, don't do it. Most web-shoppers get annoyed if the page takes too long to load, and if there is information there that they do not really need or want.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dgent View Post
    What do you mean by hardcode? I have embeded Youtube video's before however I have never hardcoded them in. How do I get them into the right location and also what is an iFrame video?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by outeredge2 View Post
    What do you mean by hardcode? I have embeded Youtube video's before however I have never hardcoded them in. How do I get them into the right location and also what is an iFrame video?
    Just put them in the product description, no need to go into your product_info_display.php file.

Upload the vid to YT, then click the share button, and it will give you an embed code. Use the iFrame version. Wrap it in a DIV, and then you can move it /style it how you like.

Plugin Contributions

Go to W3 schools and do a few of their HTML tutorials. IFrame stands for inline frame. W3schools tutorials will teach you whet you need to know.
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast