Plugin Contributions

Default another admin login problem

Hello,

I’ve read through forum threads for 3 hours, and tried every fix. Here are the problems:

Fresh install of 1.5. imported 1.3a database in it. Everything went fine. Clicked the button to log into admin, and a big box on the screen said I must rename admin folder before logging into admin. Renamed admin folder. Did not rename admin inside of configure.php files because instructions said not to do so. (had already tried changing the configure.php file admin to my real admin name and that did not work). Nothing works I cannot log into admin.

1. Store side looks fine, except none of my images are there. I guess I have to do that separately.
    2. From store side, if I click login (as a customer) I get this error: 404 Not Found The resource requested could not be found on this server!
    3. If I type in store/admin, and hit enter I get this error: 404 Not Found
    The resource requested could not be found on this server!
    4. I am using the 1.5 configure.php files, not my old 1.3a files.

Is there a way to bypass the programmed admin/alert_page.php redirect so that I can log into my admin? Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by sadie; 5 May 2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: another admin login problem

Quote Originally Posted by sadie View Post
    1. Store side looks fine, except none of my images are there.
    2. From store side, if I click login (as a customer) I get this error: 404 Not Found The resource requested could not be found on this server!
    Those should be your primary focus. And your admin problem will likely take care of itself once you fix your storefront problem. Especially your storefront-customer-login problem.

Most likely you've set ENABLE_SSL to 'true' but your server doesn't support SSL and thus the server is throwing errors back to you.

Any "404 Not Found" means exactly what it says: the page you're trying to access does not exist in the location you specified. If you need help sorting out those problems on your server, your hosting company will be a good resource for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Those should be your primary focus. And your admin problem will likely take care of itself once you fix your storefront problem. Especially your storefront-customer-login problem.

Most likely you've set ENABLE_SSL to 'true' but your server doesn't support SSL and thus the server is throwing errors back to you.

Any "404 Not Found" means exactly what it says: the page you're trying to access does not exist in the location you specified. If you need help sorting out those problems on your server, your hosting company will be a good resource for you.
    I don't think the enable_ssl is the problem. I have this same setting for my 1.3.8a store and have no problems getting orders.

Should my images have transferred with the database upgrade. Or, do I have to manually copy my images files from the current store? The categories, products and product descriptions are there, but no images.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The images are just files. Zen Cart expects the images to sit in the /images/ folder of your store, based on the DIR_FS_CATALOG and DIR_WS_IMAGES settings in your /includes/configure.php file.

So, yes, you will need to copy the images from the current store if you want them to show in another store. If this is just a temporary staging area until you convert your live store to the new version (after testing in the temporary staging area), then you can get away with just copying a handful of images to confirm that images do indeed show properly when present.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.